Just seen this..

Only if you have experience of a rotary I would suggest, otherwise a DA would be safer

I'd say no. A Silverline rotary isn't particularly one of the best machines around as it's quite a crude machine....if you compare the price to other rotaries it's cheap.

As a beginner you really should be considering a dual action. Yes I know it might cost more than that kit you've linked to but if you compare it to the fact you can very easily go through the clear coat and the cost of the a respray on your pride and joy I know where I'd put my money to

I'd say no. A Silverline rotary isn't particularly one of the best machines around as it's quite a crude machine....if you compare the price to other rotaries it's cheap.

As a beginner you really should be considering a dual action. Yes I know it might cost more than that kit you've linked to but if you compare it to the fact you can very easily go through the clear coat and the cost of the a respray on your pride and joy I know where I'd put my money to
Any suggestions for a decent DA kit?

Here's a link to the kits we do, you want to be looking at the last three at the bottom of the page. Juicy Machine Polishing Kit 1, 2, or 3.

I've got guides as well to help get you started, which if your interested then add that you need on in the notes section when ordering. Also you should get some blue masking tape for the panel edges as the pain thickness is much thinner in these areas - this can be found in the Accessories section of the site.

Another important part of paint correction is wiping th panels down after doing a section as th majority of polishes on th Market contain fillers/oils which can mask any remaining imperfections such swirls and scratches. If these are not removed then after a short period of time you will experience something called "fallback". This is where the oils have dried, shown the imperfections leaving you confused and upset having spent hours on the car thinking I looked perfect. I use Car Pro Eraser which is available in either 500ml or 1 litre bottles. Found in Car Polishing section 2nd page I think

http://www.juicydetailing.co.uk/polishing-machines/view-all-products/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=47&Itemid=1&TreeId=16

Let me know your thoughts on the kits :)
Can you tell me the dif between kits 1 & 3?
I have no previous exp with any sort of polisher, but am practically handy (im a tradesman lol)
looking for basic wash on, wash off, polish, wax, seal routine etc

Kit One has Hex Logic Pads and Kit Three has 3M pads.

In some cases you might find kit three easier to use as the pads match the polishes or alternatively the hex logic are very good - both come with a guide so you can see which pads to use with which polishes.

From what your saying I'd suggest going for perhaps a product that is more of a one step minor correct/cleanse/shine rather than full on correction which is really what the kits are tailored for.

If thats the case buy a da separately (on offer for ASN guys for £75 rather than £79 on the Juicy site), Dodo Juice Lime Prime and a White 5.5" hex logic pad.

Whats the condition on your paintwork at present? Also its seal before wax other wise the wax wont cure :thumbsup:

Kit One has Hex Logic Pads and Kit Three has 3M pads.

In some cases you might find kit three easier to use as the pads match the polishes or alternatively the hex logic are very good - both come with a guide so you can see which pads to use with which polishes.

From what your saying I'd suggest going for perhaps a product that is more of a one step minor correct/cleanse/shine rather than full on correction which is really what the kits are tailored for.

If thats the case buy a da separately (on offer for ASN guys for £75 rather than £79 on the Juicy site), Dodo Juice Lime Prime and a White 5.5" hex logic pad.

Whats the condition on your paintwork at present? Also its seal before wax other wise the wax wont cure :thumbsup:
542522_4101846834551_2104594422_n.jpg
602969_4101813033706_35943359_n.jpg
598998_4101849954629_816410342_n.jpg
Its nearly 3 yrs old, so in really good nick tbh
I just want to keep it sparkling 24/7 :o.k:

When in the sun light or under fuel station lights what does the paint look like? Black always gives a decent shine, but under more intense light shows imperfections.

When in the sun light or under fuel station lights what does the paint look like? Black always gives a decent shine, but under more intense light shows imperfections.
looks pearly sparkly purple hue...
To a laman its looks fine, i appreciate to someone like yourself there'd be a whole lot more going on tho...
What im after is a simple regular routine of wash/dry/polish (does sealing and waxing need to be a regular thing?)

Tbh if that's the case then I would look to go with my last suggestion dodo juice lime prime and a White hex logic pad as this will give you a vast improvement over what you can achieve by hand. It will increase the clarity of the paint, mask and fill the majority of imperfections (depending on how deep of course), then apply your sealant and wax.

You do not necessarily have to apply both a sealant and wax and the view of some on here is that it's a waste, however personally it's all down to how much time you have, over night storage of the car and weather conditions.

Generally in the summer/warmer months you do not need both. What are you currently using as protection?

Tbh if that's the case then I would look to go with my last suggestion dodo juice lime prime and a White hex logic pad as this will give you a vast improvement over what you can achieve by hand. It will increase the clarity of the paint, mask and fill the majority of imperfections (depending on how deep of course), then apply your sealant and wax.

You do not necessarily have to apply both a sealant and wax and the view of some on here is that it's a waste, however personally it's all down to how much time you have, over night storage of the car and weather conditions.

Generally in the summer/warmer months you do not need both. What are you currently using as protection?
at the moment the only protection its getting is washed every 3-4 days (i hate a dirty car)
car sits on the road as have no garage etc

Ok great. If you want to use the machine to it's advantage and give you a deep wet look then go for chemical guys black light radiant finish. Use in conjunction with a blue hex logic pad and get on a couple of coats - in fact the other ASN offer we have is black light and v7 (quick detailer/sealant) combo in our sponsors section.

Alternatively if you want to wax the Dodo Juice purple haze looks great on black/ dark coloured cars

Last edited:
Hi Jen
Have decided on this lot from you:
Am trying to find the polishing cover for the DA that buffs wax off?
Is 1 blue pad enough for my needs, or better with dif ones?
Will this cover what im needing to do?
If theres anything ive missed, please add to it:yes:

That all sounds fine. We don't offer anything to buff the wax/sealant off with as its generally better to do it by hand. Tbh there isn't that much residue when using the machine so it won't ake you long

That all sounds fine. We don't offer anything to buff the wax/sealant off with as its generally better to do it by hand. Tbh there isn't that much residue when using the machine so it won't ake you long
do the bottles come with a pump? or is that seperate?
Im gonna order it all now:gun2:

do i need to buy 2 of the hexlogic pads?
1 for applying polish
1 for buffing off?