1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just recieved my dp and decat! now how to tackle this!?

limbo118118 Oct 15, 2012

1. limbo118118

limbo118118 LORD

hi, just got my relentless DP and decat through the post today! looks awesome! now im gunna tackle this job in the next week or so, so while i got chance i thought id ask around an see if theres any special tools etc i might need to go about this job! or any tips! i hear its bit of a b****!

im gunna be working off axle stands at my house so dropping the subframe abit! and then cutting the flange on the out dp i think!?

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Cut flexi...

<tuffty/>

3. limbo118118

limbo118118 LORD

ah ye the flexi thats the one!, theres a hole in the dp for a lambda aswel as the dp, which should i blank off!? ta

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Neither...

<tuffty/>

5. firestorm

firestorm Member

6. limbo118118

limbo118118 LORD

been keeping an eye on that thread pal aswel as a few others! cheers tho

7. VAB

VAB Member

Definitely been watching - received my DP last week and will get it fitted as I do not have the tools /time / body flexibility.

8. jezzy

jezzy Member

head off if want save time and you wont be running around buying tools.

9. jezzy

jezzy Member

opps thats if you bought the manifold aswell

10. s3clarke

s3clarke Money grabbing s3!

These dp and manifold posts get put up every day :whistle2:

11. Scullies

Scullies Well-Known Member

dont forget the beer to calm your anger !!

Yohan87 likes this.
  12. g60leigh

g60leigh Well-Known Member

Mine is getting done now.
    Manifold, downpipe and sports cat.

But I have taken the easy option an farmed the work out to a local garage.

Just had a phone call and I'm glad I did.
    They have had to drop the subframe and move the steering rack.

They say they have had seized and snapped mani studs and steering rack bolt. Spinning bolts on the subframe and lost a seal for the turbo oil feed.

Won't be getting the car back today but should be all buttoned up tomorrow 👍

13. timmitime

timmitime New Member

Ive just fitted mine, I did downpipe and front mount in the same day. I used a ramp at a friends garage and it was a nightmare, We ended up taking the subframe out completley, I personally wouldnt even try it on axle stands they are a nightmare ! But on a plus point, they make laods of difference, OH and as for the second lambda you will need to get this mapped out or get a fooling device for the plug or your engine light Will come on ! Hope this helps ?? :) Mine is now on a stage 2 remap and goes like stink ! Like they should have been from Audi

14. firestorm

firestorm Member

Mine's still on stands, waiting for me to stoke up enthusiasm to finish it. It had me beat a couple of days ago.

15. limbo118118

limbo118118 LORD

cheers for the comments guys! sounds hell of a job! :( still gotta attack it tho hah