just recieved my dp and decat! now how to tackle this!?

Reaction score
hi, just got my relentless DP and decat through the post today! looks awesome! now im gunna tackle this job in the next week or so, so while i got chance i thought id ask around an see if theres any special tools etc i might need to go about this job! or any tips! i hear its bit of a b****!

im gunna be working off axle stands at my house so dropping the subframe abit! and then cutting the flange on the out dp i think!?

been keeping an eye on that thread pal aswel as a few others! cheers tho

Definitely been watching - received my DP last week and will get it fitted as I do not have the tools /time / body flexibility.

head off if want save time and you wont be running around buying tools.

dont forget the beer to calm your anger !!

Reactions: Yohan87
Mine is getting done now.
Manifold, downpipe and sports cat.

But I have taken the easy option an farmed the work out to a local garage.

Just had a phone call and I'm glad I did.
They have had to drop the subframe and move the steering rack.

They say they have had seized and snapped mani studs and steering rack bolt. Spinning bolts on the subframe and lost a seal for the turbo oil feed.

Won't be getting the car back today but should be all buttoned up tomorrow 👍

Ive just fitted mine, I did downpipe and front mount in the same day. I used a ramp at a friends garage and it was a nightmare, We ended up taking the subframe out completley, I personally wouldnt even try it on axle stands they are a nightmare ! But on a plus point, they make laods of difference, OH and as for the second lambda you will need to get this mapped out or get a fooling device for the plug or your engine light Will come on ! Hope this helps ?? :) Mine is now on a stage 2 remap and goes like stink ! Like they should have been from Audi

Mine's still on stands, waiting for me to stoke up enthusiasm to finish it. It had me beat a couple of days ago.