1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just ordered new S3 black edition!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by summy25, Dec 29, 2009.

1. summy25

summy25 New Member

[Dec 29, 2009]
    Well thats me just put down my deposit for S3 black edition (in Black) 3 door from Stirling Audi in Scotland with the following :-

Electric tilt slide sunroof
    Electric folding door mirrors
    Electric lumbar support
    Luggage pack
    Flat tyre warning indicator
    swapped black inlays for brushed aluminium
    Adaptive xenons
    Interior light pack
    Technology pack (dvd sat nav ect)
    comfort pack (rain sensor blah blah)
    bose (standard)

Decided not to go for bucket seats as they are a tad OTT!!
    (personal choice)

so the countdown begins.... March 2010 does anyone have a picture of a S3 black edition? and will it have an S3 badge on the front ? or will it just be plain??

Someone please tell me, do I get a cup holder in this car???? i hope after spending all this money I can place a can in the car without it spilling all over me under full throttle!!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. A3simon

A3simon Active Member

[Dec 29, 2009]
    nice choice on car

cup holder is under the arm rest
  4. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Dec 29, 2009]
    Congrats!

There's a coin tray in the dash but this can be replaced by a cupholder if you so wish.

I would be surprised if the car doesn't have an S3 badge on the front just because it's a black edition.
  5. edition

edition Active Member

[Dec 29, 2009]
    How about binning the sat nav. (get it cheap retro fitted) and buy the buckets!
  6. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

7. david_phillips95

david_phillips95 Member VCDS Map User

[Dec 30, 2009]
    :iagree: i bought a chrome button RNS-E off ebay for £450 posted and it was a doddle to fit, the buckets are hard to source for a retrofit and they go for good money so better to spec from new and retro fit the RNS-E IMHO
  8. willmac

willmac Member

[Dec 30, 2009]
    summy25, just wondering if you got a good deal at Stirling dealership ? Did you try any other in the area before you ordered , ( Glasgow, Ayr , Edinburgh or Perth ) ? Be interesting to hear if you did, as I am (normally ) based in Glasgow, but from what i hear Lomond are notorious for not getting a good deal most of the time.
    I was fortunate with my current car from them as it was an ex demo with only 500 miles on the clock, but I have heard from most folk that I was extremely lucky as they normally don't budge on price.
  9. Spin140

Spin140 Active Member

[Dec 30, 2009]
    I second this, change your orderas it won't have reached the factory yet with the xmas shutdown and retro fit the nav, £550 max versus £1,600. Spec the buckets as it makes the car feel very special especially as you have been so busy with the options list :)
  10. summy25

summy25 New Member

[Dec 30, 2009]
    Hi all! thanks for replying,

Not ordering the buckets seats was a decision not based on cost but just a personal choice !!!!!! I know most people on this forum would love to have them, but I have asked most of my friends about them and showed the pictures of them and they all say - they are to boy racery which I kind of agree as the whole point of me buying an S3 is to be understated, otherwise I would have bought a cayman !!

Are the standard S3 seats that bad???

retrofitting the dvd sat nav? well yea I could but since I got 10% off the list price it saves me the hassle getting it of ebay then making an arse of fitting it !!

I contacted Glasgow Audi and they were not interested - called several times and sales rep did not get back to me, and when I did eventually contact a rep, his knowledge of the S3 was shockingly bad (gave misleading details about options ect) would not even let me test drive a used S3 as he was busy!! so got a few web quotes and the best I could get was 10% off list from of which Stirling Audi agreed to mach who orders cars at christmas? I guess that helped !! He called me back asap and knew his stuff - enough said.

Roll on march....
  11. willmac

willmac Member

[Dec 30, 2009]
    I contacted Glasgow Audi and they were not interested - called several times and sales rep did not get back to me, and when I did eventually contact a rep, his knowledge of the S3 was shockingly bad (gave misleading details about options ect) would not even let me test drive a used S3 as he was busy!! so got a few web quotes and the best I could get was 10% off list from of which Stirling Audi agreed to mach who orders cars at christmas? I guess that helped !! He called me back asap and knew his stuff - enough said.

Roll on march....[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your feedback on the dealers, who in a lot of cases know absolutely nothing about what they are selling ! I am sure if my job was based on commission and targets I would be pretty much on the ball about what I was trying to sell.
    As i keep saying in pretty much all my posts ( like a stuck record ), I am overseas at the moment and am desperate to get home and blow some money on a new S3 SP BE. But at least my time is well spent at the moment finding out the best place to buy from.
    Would you be able to give me a name at Stirling Audi ? May help the cause when i go in :haha:
  12. just017

just017 Member

[Dec 30, 2009]
    Id Deffinately still say fit the RNS-E after. Its £1000 and literally a 20minute job. Really really not worth spec'ing it from the dealer.
  13. Spin140

Spin140 Active Member

[Dec 30, 2009]
    The buckets separate the car from the rest of the range and make it feel very special inside, I would really recommend finding a car with them fitted and sitting in them befor you pass judgement, they really are that good, I liked them so much after trying them I ordered another S3 SB with them fitted, standard seats are ok but not a lot of side support. It may be worth asking on here before your order gets confirmed.

Nice choice though, enjoy when it arrives.
  14. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

[Dec 30, 2009]
    I agree with the RNSE retro fit suggestion but its not as cheap as it first seems on a new car.

I think its fair to assume £600+ for the later chrome button model plus £200+ ish for the Antenna bits.
    And that assumes its a minter (which is a must in a brand new car) and you DIY fit.
    So its at least £800 for retro fit and then its not covered under warranty etc...
    In any event its probably still cheaper, just maybe not such a significant saving as it appears initially thats all.

IMO the buckets look fantastic and are very nice to sit in, although maybe a bit too snug for me.
    But they really are for SBs or 3drs that dont use the rear seats. I think they would be huge benefit to those who do track days though, as they really do grab you.

Are the BE S3s to be a Ltd run?

Cheers
    Paul