1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just joined today, suspension dilemma

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by cossie, Apr 6, 2010.

1. cossie

cossie Member

Hi guys, i'm new so go easy! I've got an '96 A4 sport 1.8t, it didn't cost me much so i don't want to spend too much on it. The problem i've got is my dampers are on the way out and while looking on ebay i've came across a set of Rokker Racing coilovers, brand new with warrenty, delivered for only £148.00! I was going to just buy dampers as i had already picked up a set of brand new -30mm Ventura Sport springs for £35.00 but dampers alone are costing more than the complete coilovers. So does anyone use the Rokker coilovers or have any advice on where i could get cheap dampers or have an opinion on what i should go for? I know the cheap coilovers may not be as refind but i'm just looking at the price. Sorry for going on!

#1 cossie, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Instead of my usual rant about crappy quality suspension components, i'll just say you'll probably find the coilovers will give a very harsh ride.

4. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

My coilovers were about £400 and they're about as budget as I would like to go. The ride is quite harsh and my passngers complain about it everytime I give people a lift.

5. cossie

cossie Member

Sounds like i should keep looking for some suitable dampers then, cheers for the replys guys.