1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just joined today, suspension dilemma

cossie Apr 6, 2010

1. cossie

cossie Member

Hi guys, i'm new so go easy! I've got an '96 A4 sport 1.8t, it didn't cost me much so i don't want to spend too much on it. The problem i've got is my dampers are on the way out and while looking on ebay i've came across a set of Rokker Racing coilovers, brand new with warrenty, delivered for only £148.00! I was going to just buy dampers as i had already picked up a set of brand new -30mm Ventura Sport springs for £35.00 but dampers alone are costing more than the complete coilovers. So does anyone use the Rokker coilovers or have any advice on where i could get cheap dampers or have an opinion on what i should go for? I know the cheap coilovers may not be as refind but i'm just looking at the price. Sorry for going on!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Instead of my usual rant about crappy quality suspension components, i'll just say you'll probably find the coilovers will give a very harsh ride.

3. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

My coilovers were about £400 and they're about as budget as I would like to go. The ride is quite harsh and my passngers complain about it everytime I give people a lift.

4. cossie

cossie Member

Sounds like i should keep looking for some suitable dampers then, cheers for the replys guys.