1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Installed

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by chesterdog, Jan 18, 2005.

1. chesterdog

chesterdog Member

I installed H&R Srings and Bilstein Shocks and 18 inch RS4 rims on my 98 A4 2.8Q and the handling difference is amazing. It lowered the car more than advertised and now the lean and roll into corners is virtually gone. The grip of the car is greatly improved aswell. Money well spent. Also, does anyone know if shadowline trim is available for the A4?
  2. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    afourquattro said:
    I installed H&R Srings and Bilstein Shocks and 18 inch RS4 rims on my 98 A4 2.8Q and the handling difference is amazing. It lowered the car more than advertised and now the lean and roll into corners is virtually gone. The grip of the car is greatly improved aswell. Money well spent. Also, does anyone know if shadowline trim is available for the A4?

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome my fellow member of the H&R/Bilstein club /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif Have you changed your arb`s as well?

Shadowline trim is the bmw thing? dark window trim?
  3. chesterdog

chesterdog Member

Thanks Yassen,
    I have not changed my ARB's, is there much benefit to that? What is the best set up to keep the car balanced between over and understeer? I know shadowline is the BMW term, but I was hoping someone knew where I could find blacked out window trim.
  4. welshdragon

welshdragon Member

afourquattro,

Glad to see your happy with the results. I have both the front and rear arbs' upgarded on mine also and that makes a big difference in combination with the springs & shocks. though I have noticed a distinct lake of feedback in the steering wheel now. When turning tight in corners usually the steering wheel try's to put in the oposite direction of which you want to go, now mine doesnt and its really wired. You just turn it in the direction you want to go almost like no matter what the speed and I could hold the wheel in place with only one finger. Also i have noticed when driving really hard in the wet that i can get a slight touch of oversteer with the arse end comming out by a few inches, though a minute touch on the steering wheel in the oposite direction cures this.

By the way did you have the sport set up on your vehicle? From the bits & pieces I got from neuspeed & AMD the sport package has thicker front & rear ARB's that the normal quattro. I have still got my old ones so if interested maybe we can sort out a reasonable price. I was told that my old front ABR was the same thickness as the one used on the S4 and neuspeed didnt make a thicker one than that hense I got the H&R one from AMD whci I beleive in an upgrade for both mine & the S4. I can measure the thickness using vernier calipers if you want a little more information about my old ones if you want to compare to your set up.
  5. Danielson

Danielson Member

get some pics up a4 quattro, wane check ya ride height, im not happy with my susp, mat, aka welsh dragon, i would like to c your a4 2..
  6. chesterdog

chesterdog Member

Give me a minute.
  7. K212

K212 Member

Hey Welshdragon,

Does having both front and rear neuspeed ARBs create too much oversteer? I have only gotten the rear and it seems to corner well and never under or oversteers.

Afourquattro: Did you go with the sport or race springs?
  8. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    afourquattro,

Glad to see your happy with the results. I have both the front and rear arbs' upgarded on mine also and that makes a big difference in combination with the springs & shocks. though I have noticed a distinct lake of feedback in the steering wheel now. When turning tight in corners usually the steering wheel try's to put in the oposite direction of which you want to go, now mine doesnt and its really wired. You just turn it in the direction you want to go almost like no matter what the speed and I could hold the wheel in place with only one finger. Also i have noticed when driving really hard in the wet that i can get a slight touch of oversteer with the arse end comming out by a few inches, though a minute touch on the steering wheel in the oposite direction cures this. .

[/ QUOTE ]

My handling is improved significantly, very happy with h&r/bilstein setup, Know exactly what you mean by lack of feedback- Its so smooth.

But still getting bodyroll at times eg when going fast round a roundabout but its not too bad at all- and will be cured further when get Neuspeed fron and rears in future.
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif