Just how loud is a non res milltek?

grr666

Reaction score
As per title really.
Can anybody describe the sound? Is it deeper? Raspier?
or a combination of the two? And how much quieter than the non res is the
resonated version of the milltek and is it still louder than stock?
To make it easy for me to understand, in terms of percentage, how much louder
is each over a stock exhaust approximately?

Can't decide which to go for, I'm after an improvement in tone but I don't want
to deafen the neighbors either. But I don't want to blow best part of 500 quid
on the resonated version if it gives little change in sound. And once I've bought
and fitted it it's too late to change my mind.

Driven gently, will either be obtrusive? I aim to get stage 1 mapping this year
with a view to possibly increasing that later on so I can add sports cat and downpipe at
a later date if needs be.

My resonated is defintaely louder than the stock exhaust. I really like it but wouldnt like it any louder!! Although i havent been in a full non res car! :)

Reactions: RedDejavu
Been in a car with non res and it had a drone at motorway cruising speeds so I opted to fit a sports downpipe and keep the std cat-back (with valve mod) - it is now perfect with a nice burble on over-run, nice throaty sound on WOT but stock noise when cruising and the s-tronic burp sounds like a gunshot!!

I have a full decat non res and sounds amazing... I wake up the dead everytime i commute from my home to the city..

Reactions: jordcoe
Been in a car with non res and it had a drone at motorway cruising speeds so I opted to fit a sports downpipe and keep the std cat-back (with valve mod) - it is now perfect with a nice burble on over-run, nice throaty sound on WOT but stock noise when cruising and the s-tronic burp sounds like a gunshot!!

This is exactly the kind of noise I want, I'm well happy with the volume, but I want it to burble and pop when I'm feathering the throttle on overrun.

What downpipe are you running?

Im using the non-res catback at the moment, its slightly louder than stock, but nothing major.

My resonated is defintaely louder than the stock exhaust. I really like it but wouldnt like it any louder!! Although i havent been in a full non res car! :)

Do you get some extra vibration throughout the steering wheel while on D and holding it back with the brake pedal?

Last edited: