1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just got the magic letter...another speed camara! F#ck!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by aidank1981, Jul 10, 2007.

?

how many points you got??

1. 12 points!!!!

4.7%
  2. 9 points!!!

16.3%
  3. 6 points!!

4.7%
  4. 3 points!

74.4%
  1. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 13, 2007]
    You know they only pull you over to have a closer look huh Chris? :cool:
  2. batwad

batwad Member

[Jul 13, 2007]
    [​IMG]
  3. Shades

Shades Member

[Jul 14, 2007]
    PMSL!! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
  4. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

[Jul 14, 2007]
    FFS does every thread on the A3/S3 forum turn into a argument ????

people need to chillllllll like me right now as am drunk :)

hicup
  5. Dave B

Dave B REALITY?.... WHERE AM I AGAIN?.... WHO AM I AGAIN?

[Jul 14, 2007]
    JUST GOT DONE FOR 85 IN A 70 ON A DUAL CARAGE BYPASS WITH NO ENTRANCES OR EXITS APART FROM EACH END!!!! :wtf: :sos: :sign_unfair:

rant over, i get pushed passed the local school by impatient parents yet on an isolated road they speed trap you. Oh and to add insult to injury (and comendy value) they did me from behind! :asskicking:
  6. Shades

Shades Member

[Jul 14, 2007]
    The A3/S3 forum should have a sub-forum "Threads likely to turn into an argument" :)
  7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 14, 2007]
    No ones arguing except you Shades, even the copper disagrees with you. Just accept you're in a huge naive minority
  8. Shades

Shades Member

[Jul 14, 2007]
    Christ! Do you have NO sense of humour? The word "argument" was mentioned by RickParmar, I was replying to it because I thought it amusing. In no way have I been arguing. I've been sharing my views and using my right to reply. THIS IS A FORUM... just incase you don't understand the concept:

I fail to see, in the slightest, how the copper (as you so politely put it) has disagreed with anything I have said! Infact he's even thanked me for one of my posts!

How can I be in a huge naive minority? Like I said, check your own posts before you pick fault with mine!

You seem to be making things up in your tiny, little brain. You seem to be assuming that I think everyone with points is a bad or unsafe driver. AT NO POINT HAVE I F*CKING SAID THAT! Stop god-damn picking out individual sentences and using them out of context for your own purposes. look at everything I have posted. I have been very, very, very careful about what I have said. Look at everything in context.

Anyway... I've going to work now (hopefully below, but probably slightly above, the speed limit!)... to look at naked lapdancers all night... Goodbye

(I'll see you in the morning!)
  9. StaffsS3

StaffsS3 Flat Out

[Jul 15, 2007]
    How were the lap dancers? Any pics?!!! :photo:
  10. Shades

Shades Member

[Jul 15, 2007]
    The lapdancers were great, its a tough job but someone's got to do it! Sorry, can't post pics. The girls can be really funny about their privacy sometimes. If they found out I posted pics of them I'd be up the creek without a paddle and they would probably be give me more headaches than they already do!
  11. StaffsS3

StaffsS3 Flat Out

[Jul 15, 2007]
    I was joking..........!!!!!
  12. Shades

Shades Member

[Jul 15, 2007]
    Nowt wrong with requesting a bit of totty! Anyone would think this is a car forum!! :)
  13. vrbob

vrbob Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

[Jul 15, 2007]
    Wow, just read the whole of this thread and boy does it get a bit tense here and there. I didn't realise this forum would get so heated still i think the whole speeding thing is always gonna make a "hot topic"
    As a sort of innocent bystander (ie i have not been involved in the debate until now) i can see that you all make some good points in places and i have been on both sides of the fence eg: i spent 4 years working as a pizza delivery driver aged 18 onwards in a 1.4 Peugeot 205 and (boy its amazing just how fast you can go in one of them if you really want to round town if you drive like a complete tw*t) in that time i got no points at all, i used to get pulled over at least once a month a more often than not i would get a telling off and sent on my way with a caution.
    Once i got a "proper job" and started commuting to work with all the other 9 - 5 ers i raked up 10 points in 2 years by doing nothing bad just caught by mobile cameras on my way to work and never doing more than 10mph over the limit.
    It would seem to me that the majority of people with points were caught out doing their normal route from a - b and just get a bit careless and by the time they realise they are looking at a policeman or gatso n check their speed its too late.
    Still i am glad the police are out there keeping the roads as safe as possible, cos i don't have to drive that far to work every day only about 15 miles and only 10 of that is on the motorway. Yet i see i would say at least 1 person every day doing something pretty damn dangerous or stupid and i just wish there was a policeman with me to catch them and give them the punishment they deserve.

Hope i have not opened another can of worms by anythng i have said so just incase i will end with that i wanna see some stripper pics too!!
    :hubbahubba:
  14. AndyMac

[Jul 15, 2007]
    By resorting to indiscriminate technology to enforce the law, there are actually less and less traffic patrols around to catch the real offenders. The majority of mobile traps are not even manned by the police, but by civil servants and because they don't actually pull anyone over, the real dangerous offenders get away scott free, as they are either bikes (no front number plate), unregistered (so won't get a NIP) and the drunk/drugged drivers.
    Which is exactly why after 2million motorists prosecuted per year, the accident/death toll is still rising.
    It's not exactly rocket science....
  15. bouncer--daz

bouncer--daz A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

[Jul 15, 2007]
    Im loving the conversation/debate/arguement/slaggin match/bitch fight thats been going on here boys and girls! And I think most of the gents will agree in here that we only hate shades due to him being surrounded by lap dancers for his form of employment.... well thats my reason anyways!
    Slight twist too the thread here.... what in your experiences have you found to be the best way to get out of points and a fine when in conversation with the lovely copper thats just pulled you over. My last girl friend got stopped 3times (and breathalised 3 times) in one night in newport but the fact she happened too have very long legs and a mini skirt on seemed too help....!?!?
    mine are:
    * 9 times out of 10 they note im going to work and i mention they should come along for some VIP treatment.
    * mention that im tryin to get into the police force... "have you got any advice...." (that one works like a treat)... obvious reply will be dont like a tw@t to start off with!

suggestions on a post card.... (please be more creative than a £20 note)
  16. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

[Jul 15, 2007]

Cheeky! Last time I was pulled over it was because of a dodgy switch turning on my fog lights on a clear night. I showed the copper that the fogs sometimes come on with the headlights, and that you can't see the light due to the steering wheel. He did actually comment on the car, said he liked it, but then pointed out that he was doing over 95 to catch me and asked me not to try getting the back end out coming off the roundabouts again. Then sent me on my way. Not all coppers are condescending arses.
  17. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

[Jul 15, 2007]

Are you shifting the point of this argument Andy? I thought the problem was dicks with lots of points, Shades thinking he's a great driver cos of no points and no accidents, and people running from the police. Get back on it :moa:
  18. shineydave

shineydave Member

[Jul 15, 2007]
    Andy, what evidence have you been privy to that will back up your claim that some of the most dangerous road users are Bikers.

for info Bikers are the only group of road users that have reduced their accident statistics consistently year on year for the last 10 years.
  19. AndyMac

[Jul 15, 2007]
    "Bikers are the only group of road users that have reduced their accident statistics consistently year on year for the last 10 years."
    That's because they're dying out and there's less of them!

They make up 2% of the vehicles on the road and provide 25% of the donor organs to A&E. That good enough for you? Plus personal experience. Everyday I see bikes weaving in & out of heavy traffic on the M3 and getting arsey with drivers who don't have a crystal ball and try and change lanes.
    Undertaking is illegal, regardless of vehicle type, so they can't have it both ways.
    Obviously I'm not saying all bikers are idiots but the facts speak for themselves. They are the single biggest risk of being seriously injured or killed and yet the technology we use to reduce serious injury/death just ignores them - what message is that sending out? (and please don't say it's all down to idiots in cars)
  20. AndyMac

[Jul 15, 2007]
    I think we've done it to death. No idea what Shades point was as his arguments were all over the place.
    My point was - points are irrelevant as an indication of safety (I had 9 points until earlier this year and my premium went down every year since I got them). Previously I've been banned for totting up (all motorway SP50's) and very nearly lost my job, which would have meant losing my house. However, I haven't had an accident in 15 years doing 20k+ miles per year.
    Fine and point every one who causes a rear end shunt - it's driving without due care however you look at it. Stop calling road accidents "accidents". Unless a tree falls on your car it's not an accident, it's someone not paying attention.
    I'm fed up with the media and the authorities pointing the finger at the casual speeder as the cause of all the misery on our roads.
    If I'm being a complete knob on the road then throw the book at me, if I'm a jacknifed HGV blocking a whole motorway, ban me, if I cause an accident give me points, otherwise cut me some slack.
  21. Shades

Shades Member

[Jul 16, 2007]
    :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

------------------------------------------------------------------

WHY DO PEOPLE MAKE UP SO MUCH F*CKING B*LL*CKS ON THIS SITE?!

Where exactly did I say or even imply that? I recall saying I was probably no better or worse than anyone else. There are reasons, other than luck, as to why someone may have no points and had no accidents. There's a lot to be said for (generally) driving sensibly and within the law. I'm not saying this makes me a better driver than anyone else but it surely must count for something?

That is EXACTLY what I was going on about... Dicks with lots of points, not everybody with points.For those too stupid to remember (not mentioning any names but I'm going to highlight the important bits just for them) I said:
    The above statement seems to have confused a few simple minds and they have therefore decided to make HUGE assumptions about its meaning. The key to the above statement is "taking the content/tone of posts into consideration" however this has escaped the attention of those simple minds.

Is it wrong to give someone with no points who, from the content/tone of their posts appears to be a sensible, courteous and (generally) law-abiding driver, therefore deserving to have no points, a little respect? I think this is something to be admired. I'm fully aware that someone could be lying about their driving but generally I'm a trusting person so will believe someone until they give me reason not to. Is it wrong to think someone with points who, from the content/tone of their posts, wears their points with pride to be a pr*ck? Just because I make no reference to those 'in between' does not mean I believe those with points are bad drivers or pr*cks. Nor do I believe that everyone without points are good drivers or not capable of being pr*cks.

I even made reference to the above:
    Okay, I apologise, perhaps that can be percieved as a little too specific. It should probably have read: "I'm not talking about those (or their mothers) that get caught doing a few MPH over the speed limit."

However I go on to say:
    If you presume that I meant you then you probably derserve to be in this category!

This is agree with, I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever said otherwise! (F*ck me, I'm agreeing with him now!! :))

This I have absolutely no sympathy for. The simple fact of the matter is you were speeding, you broke the law. There is no getting around that fact. The law is the law. If you were that concerned you wouldn't have continued to clock up the points. (Once again, I'm not saying you are a bad driver for having points... I wouldn't want to offend your self belief!)

Your right (f*ck me I'm doing it again! :)) the 'casual speeder' is not the cause of all our misery on the roads. What is the cause of all our misery is the 'casual speeder' that is in denial that they are not doing anything wrong!! (Oops, just spoilt it!)

What a load of b*ll*cks!! What difference does indiscriminate technology make? If your breaking the law it doesn't matter if a copper or camera catches you... you're still breaking the law! Besides, camera's take nothing away from the police force, camera's HAVE to be self funding for a start! Could it not be that the reduction in traffic patrols is a direct result of government funding, or lack of, and increased paperwork/red-tape etc much the same as every public service is suffering?

---------------------------------------------------------------

I can't be arsed to type any more.... The amount of stupidity on this website is astronomical! I've seen more sense from the Punto website I used to go on and that was populated with roughly 16-25 year olds!

I got a lot of stick when I first bought my Audi but I'm starting to believe the Audi acronym, "Another Un-Disciplined Idiot", is true for some people!
  22. campbell

campbell Member

[Jul 16, 2007]
    i have to agree there are certain drivers out there who boast about how many points they have and wont shut up about it!
  23. StaffsS3

StaffsS3 Flat Out

[Jul 16, 2007]
    Quote; What a load of b*ll*cks!! What difference does indiscriminate technology make? If your breaking the law it doesn't matter if a copper or camera catches you... you're still breaking the law! Besides, camera's take nothing away from the police force, camera's HAVE to be self funding for a start! Could it not be that the reduction in traffic patrols is a direct result of government funding, or lack of, and increased paperwork/red-tape etc much the same as every public service is suffering? ;End Quote

Have to disagree with the Traffic Officer vs Gatso debate. It does matter. At least officers have discretion. I was only talking with a colleague the other night for an example. He had pulled a guy doing 100 plus (when he caught up with him) driving a Subaru WRX. The guy was appologetic etc and started crying as a ban would have sent his life crashing down around him. Due to this, the fact he had been straight with the officer he was dealt with in a common sense way. He had his average speed reduced by the officer to below the magic 100 mph and recieved a £60.00 fine and points.

How many times are you going to get that from a scamera van or flashing grey box? This happens quite a bit and just goes to show that Traffic Officers are human (albeit in some cases only just!!) :think:
  24. Bash_A3

Bash_A3 Member

[Jul 16, 2007]
    worked for me too so far!
  25. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

[Jul 16, 2007]
    err...

Not making up ********, just reading what you've written (and waiting for the bite).
  26. Katy_S3

Katy_S3 Goodwood Green Baby

[Jul 16, 2007]
    I dont think anyone would knock you down for your reply at all.............the only reason disputes have arisen in this thread is because of the tone of certain posts entered by shades who appears to very condescending and is sat very comfortablly on his high horse. Quote me to your hearts content shades this is the inter web, my life does not revolve round it.

I'm sure everyone on here has common sense and realises that every country has laws that we have to abide by, not just relating to traffic offences.................we dont necessarily agree with them all but they are there for a reason, if speeding wasn't discouraged the roads would be chaos.
  27. StaffsS3

StaffsS3 Flat Out

[Jul 16, 2007]
    Thanks Katy

I agree with your comment about the tone of certain posts, adding fuel to the flames in some cases!! Still a heated debate can be amusing!!

TBH traffic policing is not really my bag, prefer to be catching burglars, car thieves and other scum. :busted_cop:

Let me know if you want any advanced/anti terrorist tuition, bet you could do some great J turns in your S3 (off the public roads of course!) Always up for helping the public, it of course has no relevance that they are female and blonde!!!! :salute:
  28. Katy_S3

[Jul 16, 2007]
    Eeeee i dont think me learning such hooligan moves would be such a great idea, however last time i went an old air strip near mine ( no where near public roads) i did hve a lot of fun!! God help me when i get my own blue lights, think the advanced instructors are already trying to block my application!
  29. StaffsS3

StaffsS3 Flat Out

[Jul 16, 2007]
    Bugger..... thought I had an in there!!!:)
  30. Katy_S3

[Jul 16, 2007]
    Im sure some terrorist tution would come in handy some day..........:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
  31. mrsteve

mrsteve Member

[Jul 16, 2007]
    thought i would tell a short story which is vaguely related.

I should have 3 points, but, with luck, dodged them, using the 'Pay us £120 and go on a course' route. All to do with where i was caught, I was doing 36 in what i thought was a 40, i was wrong, camera got me, that was in a 1.4l Rover, not been caught in the 2.0t audi yet thank god.

Anyway, on this course i had to sit in a room and answer questions with other people for the first part and then retake a small driving exam in the second part, there were 14 of us and 2 failed. The 2 failures were brilliant:

First guy i will call 'mole man'

Mole man was asked 'why were you speeding?'
    Answer: I didnt see the camera, the sign indicating the speed limit, or my own speedo,

The driving examiner refused to get in the car with him and he had his license revoked,

Second person, German lady, mid 30's in an Audi S8

Asked 'What speed would you do past a school if the limit was 30 and it was hometime', she answers with, 'I never do less than 45, if kids were about i might possibly drop to 40 though'
    Examiner takes pity and asks her the other of a set of two questions:
    What speed would you do on the motorway in the fog?
    She answers with 'I cant do less than 90 on the motorway the car wont let me also i can see in the fog'.

She ended up paying £120 for the privildge of attending the course, then had to pay the £60 fine and took the 3 points aswell.

I had a lucky escape, as i was wetting myself when these idiots were answering and got away with no points, in my defence i though it was a 40, 30mph limit on a dual carriageway!!! :rockwoot:
  32. IDUA3

IDUA3 In Audi Heaven

[Jul 16, 2007]
    I like cheese!
  33. Shades

Shades Member

[Jul 16, 2007]
    Err, hang on. What part of "What difference does indiscriminate technology make? If your breaking the law it doesn't matter if a copper or camera catches you... you're still breaking the law!" does not make sense. Its absolutely true. I'm going to be flexible on this one though and sort of agree with you. Yes, you don't get the human touch with a camera and you may get a nice traffic cop that gives you bit of a ticking off or leniency but you could equally get a miserable old sod that takes pleasure in booking people so you may as well have been caught by a camera anyway. Again I maintain that if someone is really worried about losing their licence they would drive in an appropriate manner... doing 100+ is not exactly driving in an appropriate manner if losing your licence would have meant your life crashing down. For all we know the lad in the Scooby could have been pulling a fast one and p*ssed himself laughing all the way home. Although I will give credit where credit's due to the coppers who can probably sniff out the bullsh*tters and blaggers a mile off. I Guess if you deal with this sort of thing everyday you get a feeling for who's telling the truth and who isn't.

lol :lmfao: I meant "it speaks for itself" as in I may be a sensible driver, not necessarily a better driver than anyone else. Although ChriS3 your post is a perfect example of what I was on about earlier... Single sentences used out of context to serve ones own purpose. The full passage was (important bits highlighted again):

See? That passage as a whole makes more sense than your inflammatory use of the single sentence
    It also amuses me that you remove the reference to the one incident (apparently we can't use accident any more!) that I have been involved in through no fault of my own. Which, incidentally, was a car flying round a blind bend in the middle of the road on a country lane. I had two choices hit him or head for what I thought was grass (though it turned out to be a 5ft ditch!). Hmm, does this sound familiar to what I was saying earlier about not knowing what's around the next bend? The guy tanking it towards me certainly didn't know! Needless to say he didn't stop and certainly wouldn't have realised I ended up in a ditch causing so much damage to my car!

Now for the blonde... :)

Like I'm the only person who's said something that someone else doesn't agree with! I make no apologise for the 'tone' of my posts, it annoys me when people seem incapable of understanding what are simple concepts and accuse me of actually saying something I have not said or assume something else by what I have/not said. If I mean to say something I will say it. I also do not say I am always right but I will stand by what I believe until someone convinces me that there is an acceptable alternative point of view at which time I will gladly hold my hands up and say "Yes, I was wrong"

It is very comfy up here but I've only really been condescending to you dear...

There you go again... What the hell are you harping on woman?? How does me quoting you have any relevance to your life not revolving around the internet? Your life probably revolves around Big Brother or something equally as tawdry anyway! (Oh look, I'm being condescending and presumptuous this time!)

There's nothing like a good bit of irrelevance! :thumbsup: :)
  34. AndyMac

[Jul 16, 2007]
    Hey Shades, I bet you get out of the shower to have a piss
    "The amount of stupidity on this website is astronomical! I've seen more sense from the Punto website I used to go on and that was populated with roughly 16-25 year olds! "
    What does that tell you? Are they not quite as challenging for you?

"If your breaking the law it doesn't matter if a copper or camera catches you"
    A copper uses a thing called discretion, a camera does not.
    Do I really need to explain the difference?
    If you get pulled by a copper you know you've been pulled, he can check out the vehicle, your details, breathalise you etc etc and probably leave you in a state of shock which ill have a lasting effect on your driving style.
    A camera just sends you a NIP, just pay up and everything will be fine, it's as insignificant as a parking ticket and cheaper too.
    This is not going to alter anyones driving style.

The casual speeder maybe in denial, but he/she isn't causing any accidents so how can casual speeders (speeding on pedestrian free dual carriageways/motorways in good conditions with no traffic) be the cause of any misery on our roads? These are the bulk of the 2m offenders caught every year by mobile & fixed camera's.
    I am not against the law, I am against the way it is enforced on our roads to the detriment of everything else.
    Please tell me you have something more than just "the law is the law" to base such a naive opinion on?
    The law is there for a reason, correct, but it cannot take into account road conditions, traffic, time of day etc etc.
    So the HGV doing 60 on the dual carriageway in heavy traffic in the pouring rain is deemed safe, but the Audi S3 doing 80 on the same road at 2am in perfect conditions is penalised. That's the difference if you apply the law is the law, and I know who I'd rather share the road with.
  35. bouncer--daz

[Jul 16, 2007]
    will someone please BITCH SLAP shades.... FFS:eiertritt: would do it myself but ive just got the all clear on 2 accounts of assault. But just remember NO SPEEDING away from the scene ladies and gents!:icon_thumright:
  36. Shades

Shades Member

[Jul 16, 2007]
    Why exactly?
  37. bouncer--daz

[Jul 16, 2007]
    for the crime of over quoting! lol interesting convo though....*ding ding* round 10
  38. AndyMac

[Jul 16, 2007]
    All that work and it'll probably get deleted by a mod as being slightly heated!
    Someone should cut and paste the whole thread into Word just in case, but I doubt my 1GB of RAM is up to the job.
  39. Shades

Shades Member

[Jul 16, 2007]
    :lmfao: :lmfao: Guilty!

Nooooooo. I'm enjoying this! :)

:lmfao: ... Sh*te ... Doing it again Daz! ;)
  40. Just Plain Old

Just Plain Old Active Member

[Jul 16, 2007]
    Hummmmm............. Very 'interesting'!! I got banned a long time ago, and tended to accumulate a lot of points........ Now though I've got none [touch wood], this is probably due to;

a) Being older and wiser
    b) Being more observant
    c) Camera detector
    d) Garage door opener
    e) Still some decent Coppers on the roads

Mostly (c) and (d) though.........!!:sly:

PS: Shades, much as I admire your persistance, if I could offer some advice,,,, please try and keep all posts within two or three 'small' (in your case better make that 'very small') paragraphs............ Even if you did have a point, I couldn't be f*cking bothered to read it!:)