Just got my A4 2.0 tdi 177 Black Edition and have some questions :)

ransf0rd

Reaction score
Hello!

Picked up my 2013 A4 2.0 tdi 177 Black Edition last week and just have a few questions...
(sorry if i'm posting obvious/duplicate stuff, i have been searching the forums a bit)
  • Whats the best way to remove the residue left after de-badge? It seems to be very stubborn and i'm wary of damaging paintwork.
  • Performance/MPG appear to be a little worse than i expected... My previous car was a focus 2.0 tdi (with tuning box) which seems to be a little better in both areas. Would really like to hear from someone who has done the Bluefin remap on this specific model.. (not really bothered about DPF removal seems a little drastic and i do loads of miles so should be ok)
  • The set button for the cruise control gets stuck in, i've seen someone suggest switch spray... i will give this a try later. Is this common?
  • I want to look at getting some tints for the rear, jut want the OEM look. Is this 35% ?
  • The MMI in the glove box doesn't pick up iphone 7. Do i need a different cable to the lighting adaptor one i have?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Welcome along

I've Debadged mine, I found white spirits really good, followed by a polish and coat of wax.

de08f178e7ebb6fc6fa74e81794ecca7.jpg

I've had factory level tints applied (can't remember the % level, just ask your tint place to show you different films)

2a1ca57d5da11ee677498787b36e2da2.jpg

Mpg is nowhere near what I thought it would be, but then again when is it.

Can't help you with the iPhone as I'm a android user, but I've just put all my music on a SC card.

Sure you'll enjoy the car

We need pics

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Edit: found my invoice for tints, it says 25% but think this may vary on different manufacturers of film. I wanted oem look.

Hi fellow BE owner. I used Tar remover for the sticky residue.
Yes fuel consumption is not good. I get about 30mpg urban. And 45mpg long run. And that's staying below 2000 revs.
Can't really help with your other questions. Good luck

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

My 150 auto does 45mpg commuting 30 miles each way and up to 60mpg on a long motorways trip if there is lots of 50 mpg roadworks.

Thanks for the responses guys.
Looks good feva- will be looking into tints soon!

My mpg is about the same too i think.

Quick pic:
Car11

Would be good to hear from someone who has done the bluefin remap...
Cheers

Reactions: feva and gray99y
If your going to get a remap, forget ant milltek and generic maps. Get a custom map, that way you can choose what you want within the map.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Tuning box wont make your MPG better. No remap will, its all a sales tactic.

My 177 Quattro will do a average of 38-39mpg over a total average as calculated by the computer and fuelly app over 10,000+ miles. On a shorter run driving carefully and thoughtfully, you can get it much higher, around 43mpg but have have it in the 50's on the way to work which is a 25mile trip but that was cruising behind a wagon etc. lol.

Hello.

I have been de-badging mine in stages to see what I like best. I took the Tdi off first & then the A4. I removed badges with fishing line & the residue with Autoglym Tar Remover before clay bar, glaze, sealant & wax on top. Slow & steady seems the way but it will come off eventually.

I've left the Quattro on for now but still aren't sure.

My '03 A4 Tdi Sport 130 manual happily returns 50 mpg every day of the week & I (naively) expected something like from my 2015 177 but the best I have had is 43mpg on the 200 mile run home after I had bought it a few weeks ago. It's the wife's daily & she travels about 10 miles each way & is getting 40mpg.

I understand that Quattro won't help & it may improve slightly with age but I like it too much for it to be a problem.

It's had the emissions upgrade done before I bought it so I can't compare it to the old software but guess that with the short journeys travelled, I may have issues in the future although I do my best to address this of a weekend when I get to have a go.

I didn't get any ami cables with mine ("not a standard fix on used Sir, try eBay") was the answer I received so not sure on what you'll need. Mrs has iPod nano so might look for a lead to attach that but for such a short commute, there's enough on the radio!

Cheers. Jonny.

IMG 0296small
IMG 0297small