Just got done over by an old man in a snot green scirocco...

Metro

Error
Reaction score
Sat at the lights on the new Rugby bypass when a guy (must have been 60+) in the most awful snot green vw scirocco pulled up along side me.. I thought "I'm not getting stuck behind this doner" but i then realised he was revving his engine up, obviously thinking he was just unaware, i floor it, next minute he's hoofed it past me..

Now I'm fully aware that my 1.8t isn't amazingly quick being standard with no map and his car was a 2.0 Tfsi but come on... Made me want to pull my finger out and get the car sorted with a remap as i was left embarrassed at those lights...

Viper green is an aweful colour but lol at the old man dusting off youngsters :p

Yeah Defo! I deserve bad feedback for this as I brought it upon myself xD just a little intro to a continuation of my build thread xD I get some money in middle of next month so things will be starting properly then! Bring on rtech custom map!

I havnt got a remap yet and my n75 is unplugged due to boost issues, so my car ain't that quick at the moment! Lol.

:p I know but still... The guy even kept on looking back at me aswell... Ill go hunting for him as soon as ive got my car sorted, he wont know whats hit him ;)

Reactions: deeman88
He probably wasn't trying, and the revving was him slipping the clutch, it just looked fast because you have the N75 unplugged!

He had some definate wheel spin goin on when he pulled away, I was still ahead untill the cross road so I reckon my take off was better than his after his wheel spin xD

He had some definate wheel spin goin on when he pulled away, I was still ahead untill the cross road so I reckon my take off was better than his after his wheel spin xD

Old man = poor clutch control and poor enough hearing to not hear the engine revving.

Or he can't launch his car properly, but I prefer the first one :lmfao:

Haha, yeah, and he still F****d me over... Ill get my revenge one day... First job... Cam belt (Not due for 10k but I guess I better do it before a remap), FMIC then remap.

dont worry mate just think of the car you'll probably have when your his age!

I can just imagine, it's cribs night at the local village hall and all the old farts are hearing how Fred in his new late life crisis car, spanked some youngster in an Audi S3. He'll be beating the purple rinses off now I reckon, he's a stud.

You need to rectify this - you've let us all down now

a stock A3 is like dragging yourself along with your teeth i bought my A3 1.8t kept complaining it was slow went and got it dynoed had 185 ish flywheel so it was remapped lool

Well done anyway's buddy- good try and hope you catch his old A$$ in the future with the Remap + N75 plugged in :) Keep well

I'm sorry, but am I reading this right, your A3 1.8T got smoked by a green Scirocco driven by a man in slippers?

I thought A3 1.8Ts were all suppose to be the fastest thing on earth!

I thought A3 1.8Ts were all suppose to be the fastest thing on earth!

Almost JoJo, the fastest car in the world is in fact a Nissan Sunny, but the A3 1.8T is still more desirable than a Bugatti Veyron....apparently.

Young bull to old bull .... let run down to the field and do some cows

Old bull to young bull ..... lets mosey on down and do them all .......

Sounds like you met a old driver like my dad , he loves borrowing my car and showing up some young chavs lololol

Young bull to old bull .... let run down to the field and do some cows

Old bull to young bull ..... lets mosey on down and do them all .......

Sounds like you met a old driver like my dad , he loves borrowing my car and showing up some young chavs lololol

Thats exactly what happened to me come to think of it, I got minced by StaceyS3's old man in his car...mind you I wasn't racing (of course).

Nah u got this all wrong he didn't beat u as u thought he was just borrowing his sons car and got confused with the clutch pedal and accelerator and was so terrified that he couldn't find the brakes!! So u win for being a young safe driver that can see the pedals !!

1-0 to the young boys hahaha

To be honest, it gives me hope for my old age! My dads a bit like that to chavs in his 335 diesel sniffer, chavs don't understand that their vts saxos arnt acctualy that quick...

Nissan sunny for the win xD

Embarrassing. Hope you have tints in the front!

Reactions: Metro
Look at it this way, its prob on finance and he will be dead before he pays it off. Atleast yours is paid for and the bank don't own it.

xD interesting assumption and I like it! Im going to book my car in at RTech for begining of next month to get my problems sorted, the car was originaly booked in with them for begining of this month but I was called away for work so had to cancle :(!!!