1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got a S3

DaveCav Apr 15, 2003

  1. DaveCav

    DaveCav Member

    139
    0
    16
    Hi guys just got a S3 , Proplem is my bro's got a 330ci and there is very little in it!! So my question is what can i do to my S3 to kick his ass!! Its a new 225 one

    Iam in leeds and would like to do something as local as possible (incase off any problems)

    Whats best to do?? Chip s/s zorst? Bigger turbo?

    Also my old man just got a RS6 after going out in the S3 how nice do they sound was suprised at how tame the S3 drives and sounds will a induction kit and zorst make the s3 sound better??

    Hope it makes sense sorry for all questions




    Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
     
  2. S3Bangs

    S3Bangs Member

    72
    0
    6
    Easy one this... Chip it... But dont ask me by who as thats a minefield.. U have APR, AMD (I have this), Oettinger, Superchips, Revo, who else I forget but preference to installer is a matter of choice really... Blag a ride if you can with those who have one and you'll find one suitable to your needs...

    Once this is done... be happy to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/piss.gifall over that 330ci!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
     
  3. Drill

    Drill Member

    928
    0
    16
    *sniff, sniff* Dude, you mentioned Oettinger, and not MTM, *sniff, sniff* I'm SO PROUD!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hug.gif

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
     
  4. AL_B

    AL_B Active Member

    1,589
    15
    38
    Hi,

    Welcome to the site.

    Basic chip will make the car 250-260bhp. Full stainless steel exhaust (e.g. Milltek) will give you another (debatable) 10-15bhp. Those mods alone make the cars sound much more throaty, with a good induction and turbo noise, even with the standard airbox.

    There has been a lot of debate about the usefulness of induction kits on 1.8T engines. Have a search through the site. Basically they may give you another 5-10bhp but it hasn't been proven. K&N cones are coated in an oil, which can cause MAF problems (Mass air-flow meter sensor) - so not really recommended. Its also wise, if fitting an induction kit, to encase it with some sort of heat-shield, with a cold-air feed going directly to this enclosure. This is so that hot air from the engine bay isn't sucked in. Cold air is what you want to achieve.

    Thats the summary.

    330 vs S3 is very close indeed. At the top end, most peoples opinion is the 330 would pull away from the S3. Even so, you can do 6.3 0-60 wet or dry, your mate can't. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The joy of quattro! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    AL
     
  5. S3Bangs

    S3Bangs Member

    72
    0
    6
    Al,

    All you had to say was listen to S3Bangs and not get too technical.. trying to show me up... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

    By the way DaveCav... he's right tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
     
  6. ooooaudi

    ooooaudi Member

    168
    1
    16
    Welcome dave, you should come along to the rolling road meet AL b's sorting out - 4th of may at well lane..
    should be some modded / chipped s3's there

    matt
     
  7. AL_B

    AL_B Active Member

    1,589
    15
    38
    Sorry Tony. I think we must have been typing at the same time, and you know me, its never a short post! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Hey, this one is! wooohooo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    AL
     
  8. mramage

    mramage Member

    516
    5
    16

    Welcome Dave. As Al says, the joy of Quattro and wet junction traction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    The big chipping debate again. It's a tough choice and also a matter of taste on driving style I guess.

    Anyway, let us know how you get on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
     
  9. amoffat

    amoffat Member

    466
    0
    16
    Welcome to the site Dave! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    Bring your mate to the next Santa Pod Meet, when its organise (Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) and give him a race, its something we would all like to see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

    If he beats you, wait until winter and then race him in the snow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif, just don't try to stop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

    Good luck with the mods, I would get a chip and Miltek if I were you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    Oh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif, nearly forgot, get some decent brakes, IMO worst part of the car.
     
  10. DaveCav

    DaveCav Member

    139
    0
    16
    Thanks for the replys guys being on to Dub sport in Lancashire anybody heard off them or better still used them??

    Thinking off a Revo technik chip any good/bad comments

    Matt heard Well lane tend to over exagerate figures but would love to meet some fellow s3 er's (Let me know details nearer the time if you can m8 thanks)

    Cheers Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
     
  11. ooooaudi

    ooooaudi Member

    168
    1
    16
    Yeah dubsport are good, have made some monster project cars !! also try awesome gti in hollins green near warrington. they are APR agents.

    see meets / events forum for info on the rollin road day.

    cheers

    matt
     
  12. AL_B

    AL_B Active Member

    1,589
    15
    38
    Dubsport are very respected in VW circles.

    AL
     
  13. ooooaudi

    ooooaudi Member

    168
    1
    16
    IMO Dubsport could do with cleaning up there image a bit,
    other tuners ( amd, awesome, etc ) have very good images / web sites etc, but dubsport have a dog with its balls hanging out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif... what do you think ??
    like AL B said they are very respected in vw land, i recon with a bit of sorting out they could attract a lot more custom.

    matt
     
  14. Gambba

    Gambba Active Member

    1,361
    2
    36
    Welcome DavCav.
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

    Chip is the way to go, as everyone knows, but nobody mentioned ABT or Jabbasport, two more very well respected tuners.

    If you get a custom made exhaust, the company making it should be able to tune it to your liking, in terms of sound.

    Just to save you a bit of time ploughing through the search engines I've put my choice of top/recognised tuners for Audi's;

    APR - www.goapr.co.uk/dealer/index.html
    Revo - www.revotechnik.com/uk/ukrevo.html
    Oettinger - www.oettinger.de or www.roadandsport.co.uk
    AMD - www.auto-amd.com
    ABT - www.abtsportsline.co.uk/location.php3
    Jabbasport - www.jabbasport.com/Audi/Jabbachips/Contact/contact.html
    MTM - www.mtm-online.de or www.qstuning.com/
     
  15. ooooaudi

    ooooaudi Member

    168
    1
    16
    very good post gambba /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
     
  16. lost_it

    lost_it Member

    78
    0
    6
    I have driven /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif with a 330 on the Autobahn (pre chipped)it was neck and neck basically.. the s3 slowly hauled him in right at the top end, 230K or so.

     
  17. elgjc3

    elgjc3 New Member

    6
    0
    1
    Hi Chaps,

    Like DaveCav I've just got myself an S3 the weekend before last and have already done a 1000 miles in it. I wanted something to put a smile on my face on my way to work as I drive over the moors and I think it'll do the trick!

    I can't spend too much time on this site but will try and drop in once a week to see what people are doing and, you never know, something may be posted that I can offer up some experience on.

    Tarar

    The Doctor
     
  18. amoffat

    amoffat Member

    466
    0
    16
    [ QUOTE ]
    The Doctor said:
    Hi Chaps,

    Like DaveCav I've just got myself an S3 the weekend before last and have already done a 1000 miles in it. I wanted something to put a smile on my face on my way to work as I drive over the moors and I think it'll do the trick!

    I can't spend too much time on this site but will try and drop in once a week to see what people are doing and, you never know, something may be posted that I can offer up some experience on.

    Tarar

    The Doctor

    [/ QUOTE ]
    Another new member and user driving an S3.... Welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    Hope you can make to some meets in the future /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
     
  19. mramage

    mramage Member

    516
    5
    16

    The big S3 magnet is on today. Welcome Doc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
     
  20. Gambba

    Gambba Active Member

    1,361
    2
    36
    What's up Doc.................ooooohhhhhh did I have to do that...well yes!

    Welcome Doc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
     
  21. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    5,089
    5
    38
    [ QUOTE ]
    S3 Moff said:
    Welcome to the site Dave! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    Bring your mate to the next Santa Pod Meet, when its organise (Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) and give him a race, its something we would all like to see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

    If he beats you, wait until winter and then race him in the snow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif, just don't try to stop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

    Good luck with the mods, I would get a chip and Miltek if I were you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    Oh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif, nearly forgot, get some decent brakes, IMO worst part of the car.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    SANTA POD - AUGUST 3rd 2003, nr WELLINGBOROUGH, NORTHANTS.

    There we go.. organised! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
     
  22. MOSSY

    MOSSY Member

    93
    3
    6

    Dave

    I was at DUB Sport on thurs having the 5 hour free trial. I am well impressed and its just a matter of time before I get it done. As for the guys at DUB Sport, well I was the first one to get it done by them which they explained. They new what they were talking about and made sure the job was done right. I would have no problem in going back.
     
  23. Administrators

    Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator Audi A4 TDi

    3,972
    586
    113
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    S3 Moff said:
    Welcome to the site Dave! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    Bring your mate to the next Santa Pod Meet, when its organise (Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) and give him a race, its something we would all like to see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

    If he beats you, wait until winter and then race him in the snow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif, just don't try to stop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

    Good luck with the mods, I would get a chip and Miltek if I were you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    Oh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif, nearly forgot, get some decent brakes, IMO worst part of the car.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    SANTA POD - AUGUST 3rd 2003, nr WELLINGBOROUGH, NORTHANTS.

    There we go.. organised! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]
    One for the Diary I reckon!
    Moff's coming I hope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
     
  24. Crafty

    Crafty Member

    223
    0
    16
    DaveCav.. do I know you from Vauxhall circles ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    There is a good post with lots of input about chipping on the site, its titled "To Chip" and is in the technical section. Have a read of that and make your own mind up on chips/remapping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
     
  25. DaveCav

    DaveCav Member

    139
    0
    16
    Crafty no m8 dont think so had RS's and Gti's before

    Going this week to get a revo technik chip fitted carnt wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
     
  26. Drystone

    Drystone Member

    177
    0
    16
    [ QUOTE ]
    MOSSY said:

    Dave

    I was at DUB Sport on thurs having the 5 hour free trial. I am well impressed and its just a matter of time before I get it done. As for the guys at DUB Sport, well I was the first one to get it done by them which they explained. They new what they were talking about and made sure the job was done right. I would have no problem in going back.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I'm considering using Dubsport for my Revo software, glad to hear they seem to do a good job. Their website is abysmal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif!!

    Cheers,

    Christian
     
  27. MOSSY

    MOSSY Member

    93
    3
    6

    Drystone

    Let us know what you think, ask for John he seems to be the one who is programming the Revo.
     
  28. G-S3

    G-S3 Active Member Audi S3

    282
    102
    43
    Which chip did you go for.
     
  29. DaveCav

    DaveCav Member

    139
    0
    16
    Revo one and sp1
     
  30. danh

    danh New Member

    28
    0
    1
    [ QUOTE ]
    MOSSY said:

    Dave

    I was at DUB Sport on thurs having the 5 hour free trial. I am well impressed and its just a matter of time before I get it done. As for the guys at DUB Sport, well I was the first one to get it done by them which they explained. They new what they were talking about and made sure the job was done right. I would have no problem in going back.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Mossy, how long were you there? I'm driving past on Friday so it would seem rude not to get the free trial-if it doesn't take too long...places to go and all that.
     
  31. MOSSY

    MOSSY Member

    93
    3
    6

    Danny Boy

    Its takes a matter of mins to install the software but I would suggest you bell them first so they know your coming. That way you should'nt get held up.

    Let us know what you think. You wont be disapointed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
     
  32. danh

    danh New Member

    28
    0
    1
    Marvellous - will be done Friday morning, should take 20 mins according to the guys a DubSport. Then for a quick(er) blast up to the Lakes. Can't wait.

     
  33. AL_B

    AL_B Active Member

    1,589
    15
    38
    DanS3,

    You are about 40 miles of the mark mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Dubsport is near Wigan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

    AL
     
  34. MOSSY

    MOSSY Member

    93
    3
    6

    Al's right Dan its just outside Wigan, heres the address :

    Mossy Lea Road
    Wrightington
    Lancashire
    WN6 9RB

    Tele 01257 473383
     
  35. DaveCav

    DaveCav Member

    139
    0
    16
    Jct 27 off the M6 easy to find (well i found it anyway)

    Does anyone know if i can get a straight throw cat by pass for my standard zorst?
     
  36. Drystone

    Drystone Member

    177
    0
    16
    [ QUOTE ]
    Danny Boy said:
    Marvellous - will be done Friday morning, should take 20 mins according to the guys a DubSport. Then for a quick(er) blast up to the Lakes. Can't wait.



    [/ QUOTE ]

    Danny Boy, you are in for a treat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

    Speaking from experience that is.

    Cheers,

    Christian
     
  37. Mo-S3

    Mo-S3 Member

    706
    0
    16
    By the way are you gonna be buying an SPS dongle too?? If so get the SPS3 !! If u think the standard program was good wait till u tr high boost 9 !! Woo hoo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif
     
  38. Administrators

    Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator Audi A4 TDi

    3,972
    586
    113
  39. DaveCav

    DaveCav Member

    139
    0
    16
    Whats the diffrence between a sp1 and sp3 apart from the security option
     
  40. Veracocha

    Veracocha New Member

    26
    0
    1
    I think on SPS2 you can go between high and low boost programs and on SPS3 you can have various settings on high and low boost depending on what grade fuel you are on and whether you have octane booster or not.
     

Share This Page