1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just fitted neu speed induction kit help?

markyR Nov 17, 2007

1. markyR

markyR Member

just fitted the kit to my 1997 a3 1.8t, and i have a sensor from the air box with no where for it to go it's located to the right of the maf and has two plugs on either side of a metal plate kind of sensor that screws to the side of the air box. can anyone hepl me please. also there is a breather fitted to the metal heat shield that come with the kit but no breather came off of the air box i persume this is just to cover other models.

cheers mark.

2. wnjuk

wnjuk Member

I fitted an induction kit to mine last month (from ebay) and the sensor from the air box i just cable tied it to another cable in the engine. I think it's attached to the airbox to keep it cool so try and find a location in the engine where it's not too hot, if possible.

3. markyR

markyR Member

thought it was a temp sensor for the air box, i drove the car and seems fine so i'll tie it out the way. cheers. p.s you didn't notice a breather pipe any where did you? cheers mark

4. wnjuk

wnjuk Member

Looking through another forum, I think it's an ignition amplifier. I maybe wrong...
    What i found on my kit, there was a hole in the induction tube for an additional breather pipe (I think). Beacuse our engines (AGU) do not have an additional breather fitted, I think some of the later models do, you just need to blank the hole off. As I didn't have any means to blank off the hole, I just used the supplied pipe and mini filter to cover the hole. Like I said before, My kit is not a Neu Speed like yours so yours maybe a bit different.