Just finished a blue LED conversion... You like????

unikarl

Reaction score
I decided to finally go ahead and do a blue LED dial conversion on my car. I did my last car throughout but on this I like the red already so just changed the white on the clocks. They illuminate so much brighter than before now. The pictures dont do the colour justice really.

Pics....

blue001.jpg

blue002.jpg

What do people think?

Karl

Looks like a golf.

Hats off to you though, that probably took some time and it does look nice. I've always been a fan of the golfs interior lighting but i also love the Audi one! It does look like its pretty bright, though your pictures are obviously from a phone or something.

Overall, i like it. Its different and im all for that!

Looks awesome, might have to do mine lol

Mac

Tweezers, soldering iron, a steady hand and some blue surface mount LEDs. Took me just over an hour so not too bad.

I've got enough LEDs left over if you want yours doing.

you could do mine if you feel like it

Hey Karl, that looks amazing. I always liked the blue in my Golf Mk IV. Don't think I have the balls to do it though.

I think this is the first one I've seen like this, maybe you want to see what the yanks think over on Audizine.

maybe you want to see what the yanks think over on Audizine

all they will say is lower it

OMG I was reading this and thinking god damn i wish someone round here knew how to do that? I didn't even realise it was your car Karl ha ha what a tool.

Yeah mate I'd love mine doing, I tried on an a fiesta ST i had ages ago but sacked it off as its very hard.

I love the yanks. Go into 1 post and there all on VMR's with L.E.Ds and slagging off low cars, the next post down is low cars slagging off VMRs and L.E.Ds ha ha just kick off with each other all day long, some really amusing arguments!!

Anyhow back to the original post :)

I'd like to go for that in my Audi, I had a similar display to that in my Honda Civic.

I like it, reminds me of my old MK4 Golf. However as suggested it does look a tad too bright, could you fit a dimmer switch somewhere? You seem to know what you are doing with electronics :)

Oh and... fancy doing mine?

Does anyone know If it's possible to get blue bulbs to replace the standard ones

Anyone who wants this doing I will gladly do the conversion for the price of the LED's.

Triple OG, we'll sort out a day when your free and do yours for you

Nice one mate, any weekend should be sweet for me. Just curious about coming to sell it but I don't suppose they will notice?

I did the full dash in blue and red on my VXR and if anything it seemed to make people more interested in buying it...Mind you, Vauxhall's standard illumination is a boring yellow so that might have been why!

That's a good point, it's not like the sealers check tour clocks when you sell a car anyway. :)

I really like that. Looks nice and fresh.

I did the same to my BMW. changed every thing to blue and the mood lights. looked really nice and relaxing I think.

Will you being doing the rest in blue?

I think I'll leave the rest red. If it had been a different colour then I probably would have changed it but the blue and red go really well together.

id love mine doing
name the place ill be there

Sadly I work in Bradford so if you can get here its done!

Its best if I do cos I've got everything here. Not completely necessary though.

No that's not a problem mate just didn't think you'd have the time at work?

Them spacers never got here, if you didn't get round to sending em don't worry about it, just didn't want them lost in post :-0

Two ticks, I'll find out of they got sent. I had to hand them on to the woman that deals with our office post to send them so I'll make sure they went for you.

are your dash trims the actual carbon ones or carbon wrapped?

I think it is but knowing Karl he will of sprung out for the real stuff from Audi, he seems to have a bottomless pit.

are your dash trims the actual carbon ones or carbon wrapped?

They are carbon wrapped, a mate of mine did them for me as payment for an LED conversion on his M3.

If only it was the real Audi stuff!