1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just checking i'm not being ripped off.....

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by duane, May 11, 2008.

1. duane

duane Member

My wifes aircon wasn't blowing cold so i booked it in for a re-gas. When the guy checked it over he found a slight leak coming from the bottom left hand corner(drivers side). He's said i need a new condensor....He's quoted me £300 all in for the new air-con rad fitted and re-gassed...

Is this a reasonable price for this type of job? Could it be an easy diy job? Any help or advice welcome...

Cheers

Duane.
  2. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

How would a new condensor solve a leak? Is a pipe leaking, or is the condensor leaking? I'd get a second opinion if I was you. It's too easy to "replace" a codensor when just a re-gas is required.
  3. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Yeah condensor,I think its the bottom left Corner on the plastic casing if I remember right..
  4. duane

duane Member

He found the leak bottom left hand side of the condensor where it looks like it joins the pipe. So what your saying is it could be just the connecting pipe and not the condensor itself? Hmmmm looks like i'll have to get a second opinion like you say to put my mind at rest now before i go ahead and get the work done.....
  5. duane

duane Member

He's said i need a new condensor....He's quoted me £300 all in for the new air-con rad fitted and re-gassed...

Is this a reasonable price for this type of job? Could it be an easy diy job to fit the rad? Any advice welcome....

Cheers

Duane.