1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just brought a S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3 D2HTY, Apr 14, 2010.

1. S3 D2HTY

S3 D2HTY Member

[Apr 14, 2010]
    Hi all. . .

I have just brought a S3 awesome car :D

Atm the car is standard bar a decat pipe.

I want to get more power out of the engine reading up on alot off posts i am confused.

First off all i hear about all these bypasses? How do i go about do this?

For 280-290 bhp What do you have to change? i know the k04 standard turbo is good for this but what else would i need to change?

Also if i was to go for a hybird K04 turbo what bhp can i get from this etc any parts off the engine need changing?

Thanks Martin
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. DJ_Troopa

DJ_Troopa K1 Driver

[Apr 14, 2010]
    Congrats on the purchase matey.

Why the jump to 280-290 straight away? Did you drive a more powerful car before?

Remap it and it'll be a whole new car. You won't be dissapointed with that! :icon_thumright: It'll take you a looong time to get bored of it lol
  4. S3 D2HTY

S3 D2HTY Member

[Apr 14, 2010]
    Well thing is my mates gota Ibiza Cupra R running K03s etc Custom stage 2 map. 240bhp and my S3 is a bit behind thats why i thought off getting more power out the engine. . . . like 280bhp.
  5. finesse

finesse Active Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 14, 2010]
    welcome
  6. mk1chopper

mk1chopper Missing the S3

[Apr 14, 2010]
    The turbo, the standard K04 will probably only make 270bhp a hybrid K04 will see close to and over 300bhp depending on what you have done (several options available for Hybrid K04 see the sticky for more information). If you want to stick with the standard K04 a stage 1 remap will see a decent power increase (250 to 260bhp on average) a stage 2 requires a FMIC to keep the intake temps down, uprated DV and panel filter and exhaust and down pipe, this will get the most out of the K04 with out running silly boost and blowing the engine.

If you go down the hybrid route you'll want everything thats used in stage 2 plus uprated rods and better brakes.

Also most people run sport cats rather than a bypass
  7. Gareth_RS3

Gareth_RS3 Member

[Apr 14, 2010]
    Mate you wont be able to make a genuine 280 out of a standard k04

best bet is to either get a custom map stage one as you have a decat to see about 260ish or to go full hybrid conversion for 300ish you'll need

FMIC
    Uprated rods to cope with more torque
    Full turbo back system includin 3" downpipe
    map to suit

The standard brakes arnt up to much either so consider that too
  8. finesse

finesse Active Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 14, 2010]
    Gaz, tell more about your turbo

9. Gareth_RS3

Gareth_RS3 Member

[Apr 15, 2010]
    Ive now sold that car

But... it was a backdraft hybrid went pretty well imo, it wasnt pushed to the limits though in terms of mapping and i never had it on a rolling road. However it was certainly quicker than a stage 2 s3 and was quicker than quite a few things in a straight line

8p S3, mapped mk1 focus rs, mapped astra vxr and so on so it did go pretty well.

The thing which was the selling point was the torque. It did pull from lower down and had a big torque spike mid range which put a smile on my face anyway, put it this way im thinking of doing a similar route on current S3 so it cant be all bad.

Fmic is a must though and it shortened the life of my clutch just thought id mention that too

cheers gareth
  10. indiemike

indiemike ZoomZoom

[Apr 15, 2010]
    Hi and welcome to the site

If you want 300+ look at saving for a BT