1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just bought used A3 quattro from indepentant dealer

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by b1gdave83, Jul 19, 2010.

1. b1gdave83

b1gdave83 Member

[Jul 19, 2010]
    Hi guys wonder if you can help me?

I've just bought my second A3 quattro from independtant dealer. First imprsseions were great.
    64,000 2002 - £4800. Normally I wouldn't spend that much but it wanted the low milage and a bit of insurnace bying it from a dealer. (not audi)

After two days of owing it I have noticed the following Problems/Faults: :banghead:

1. The engine check light came up : (Note the faults were cleared, same faults appeared after 10 minutes of driving still present on ECU but no light)
    · Vag-com - Mass Air flow meter signal too low.
    · Vag-com - Car running lean.
    · Vag-com - Pressure drop before turbo (Check DV).

2. Traction control Light lit when stationary. Disappeared when engine re-started, this has happened 5 times in two days.

· Vag-com - Intermittent Implausible brake signal.

3. Aircon worked for 1 day.

4. Secondary Air / Combi valve leaking oil or that area?

5. Possible gearbox problem?? intermittent loud clunk when selecting gear. Intermittent rattle noise when idling, when revs drop. Clunk noise when de-pressing clutch pedal. (not sure about this one, my other does it two)

6. Slight play in the steering,

I have spoken to them today to tell them about the problems with the car, they have asked me to drop it off but say the warrently only covers £200 of the cost of any repiars (Only some of the stuff above is on there warrenty sheet, and it does state that it only covers £200).

i'm i write in thinking that i'm covered by the Sales of goods act? Ie it doesn't matter what they say espically as I've only had the car 2 and bit days??
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. mk1chopper

mk1chopper Missing the S3

[Jul 19, 2010]
    Im not that clued up on legal aspects of sales, might be worth trying a forum/website for these kind of things for better assistance
  4. b1gdave83

b1gdave83 Member

[Jul 19, 2010]
    Ok i'll try consumer forum, thanks

Anyone else?
  5. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

[Jul 19, 2010]
    it will most likely be an aftermarket warranty but i think you could have them on the sales of goods act if you mention it.....they shouldnt have sold it to you with these problems and with them showing up this early.... they basically wont want to commit as it will come from the sales bottom line

id get in contact with the manager and say that your really not happy and that if they wont sort it all out before you get it back, then you will have the work done elsewhere and you will take them to the small claims court
  6. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

[Jul 19, 2010]
    welcome to the forum btw ;)
  7. DenCar

DenCar Member

[Jul 19, 2010]
  8. b1gdave83

b1gdave83 Member

[Aug 23, 2010]
    Thanks guys all sorted, sales of goods act is your friend
  9. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

[Aug 23, 2010]
    LOL, was just going to post info about the engine faults, but won't bother now! lol.

Glad it's sorted! :thumbsup: