sunroof
cruise
parking sensors
revo's
18" OEM RSTT's
Bose

Collecting it on wednesday :D

Anyone want to by a 406 HDI? :D

hahah good lad... straight back into an S3...

nice colour, but preferred your noggy. Nice spec too...

Hi Jedi,

Check your PM, some things that you maybe interested to know about this car

Think the reg plate says it all, YUM! Thats a lovely looking car. :hubbahubba: Only had my A3 for 2 months now and already want an S3!!

Looks like a nice tidy motor dude, gotta love the S3:thumbs-up: Agree with yah Ben tho, love my A3 but already I'm drooling over S3's!

Hmm... just found out that this is a perfectly legit import. Something i didnt know until now.

No money has changed hands yet..

what are your views guys?!?!?!?

jediknight said:
Hmm... just found out that this is a perfectly legit import. Something i didnt know until now.

No money has changed hands yet..

what are your views guys?!?!?!?

Nothing wrong with the imports, the only difference was the warranty length.

vishal said:
Take a look at this, as a comparison if nothing else, UK car, super low mileage, totally legit (ive spoken with him, and had it verified) said he will accept anything over 12k for it, take a looksy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-S3-Quatt...oryZ9835QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's where my money would go. I need to go speak to the bank, quickly...

I agree there's nothing wrong with imports, but why did the seller not tell you? (I'm assuming you found out from this post?).

There's surely some history to that ebay car? If it's never been owned or driven where have the 1,500 miles come from? If it's not been driven for 5 years could the parts have siezed / battery problems? Also, why was it bought for £23,000 5 years ago and not used? And why let it go for £12k when it should be worth more? It's clearly got some history if it came from a police auction - I assume it was stolen and the insurance paid out but wouldn't the insurance company then own it? Why the police?

Sorry for my paranoia. If you've spoken to the guy I'm sure you got good answers to these questions already. Personally I would not go for this one but that's me.

monkeytrousers said:
There's surely some history to that ebay car? If it's never been owned or driven where have the 1,500 miles come from? If it's not been driven for 5 years could the parts have siezed / battery problems? Also, why was it bought for £23,000 5 years ago and not used? And why let it go for £12k when it should be worth more? It's clearly got some history if it came from a police auction - I assume it was stolen and the insurance paid out but wouldn't the insurance company then own it? Why the police?

Sorry for my paranoia. If you've spoken to the guy I'm sure you got good answers to these questions already. Personally I would not go for this one but that's me.

if the owner was a drug dealer the police would seize the car and any property, if proved guilty the property would be auctioned later. Learned that from a window tinter mate lol.

I agree, I also wouldn't touch that ebay car. Just looking at the pictures says to me that this car has done more than the advert is letting on.. I personally would never part with this sort of money via Ebay, but that's just me I am sure.

I don't think the Ebay car adds work quite the same as the rest of the auctions as you don't pay through them or pay comission, (it costs more to advertise) however I would never buy a car without an inspection / seeing it in real life.

yeah personally the 1500 mileage s3 raises more question marks in my mind than the imported one.

So is the general concensus that it is ok to buy and sell in the future a car that was privately imported from europe and first registered in the uk?

I've pretty much made up my own mind and will be going up with funds available on wednesday.

Is an imported car the same spec as a UK car? Obviously it would have been cheaper to buy abroad, does that reflect the price as a used car? Will it be harder to sell on?

I dont have the answers to any of these questions. lol

:s3addict: :greyrs4:

Not all imports are 100% UK spec but this one is, it was bought for £24k, saving £4k on UK price (in the days when the £/€ rate made it worthwhile) and had pretty much every option bar satnav, Jedi missed off the mirrors, CD changer, armrest from distant memory. Only difference between this and a UK dealer car was the year 3 warranty which is from the dealer rather than Audi (and hence tend to be harder to claim) but this is now irrelevant and shouldn't really affect price.

(It was me that ordered it - cracking car).

jediknight said:
yeah personally the 1500 mileage s3 raises more question marks in my mind than the imported one.

So is the general concensus that it is ok to buy and sell in the future a car that was privately imported from europe and first registered in the uk?

I've pretty much made up my own mind and will be going up with funds available on wednesday.

Yeah, imports are fine, and are commonplace. My only slight niggle was how come you didn't know, but you know the conversations you had, maybe you didn't ask.

Welcome back by the way.

Adam... you are the original owner then? thats good to know and thanks for the reassurance.

I dont blame the seller atall for not mentioning it as in the market how it is at the moment... anything could put off a potential buyer and send them somewhere else...and from what it sounds like.. being an import makes no difference what so ever now. I had a long chat with him last night and everything is going ahead as planned :D

i have a nice drive back to cambs to look forward to tomorrow now! Hurray!

Nice, cool colour for sure!

The polished mirror rules..

Good luck and enjoy

Congrats on the new purchase!

Just wondering, being an import, how does that affect your insurance?

after doing reserach i dont technically think it can really honestly be classed as an import.... no more than buying a new audi from the UK which has abviously been 'imported' by audi at some point anyway.

It was never registered in Europe.. only in the UK. nothing shows up on hpi or the V5. so in my book.. thats not an import.

Insurance is lowest i have paid yet... £450 full comp

jediknight said:
Insurance is lowest i have paid yet... £450 full comp

Wow, who's that quote with - £450 fully comp on a chipped S3 @ 23 is ****** cheap!

jediknight said:
after doing reserach i dont technically think it can really honestly be classed as an import.... no more than buying a new audi from the UK which has abviously been 'imported' by audi at some point anyway.

It was never registered in Europe.. only in the UK. nothing shows up on hpi or the V5. so in my book.. thats not an import.

Exactly the same as mine then. I got worried when i saw the v5 and it had no mention of being an import... until i phoned the DVLA who said that there are many reasons why it wouldn't appear there. My case, same as yours, was because the car was first registered in the UK. The car is a full uk car, intended for the UK market.

The only sign the car is an import is when you take it into the dealer for work, and they get out the largest f.off rubber stamp, and stamp on the worksheet "IMPORT"....

jediknight said:
with direct line.. and its not chipped... i switched it back to the standard map with my sps2 device

direct line charge me £640 fully comp with all the trimmings.

haha... the only thing that gives mine away is the originaly receipt is in a foreign language.. Cant find mention of it anywhere else.

out of interest... was your passener wing mirror magnified?? mine is on the mineral but it wasnt on the noggy!?!?

good point, the stamp in the service book is from the factory, where it had it's PDI..

Both wing mirrors are the same, blue tinted and not magnified - from what i've noticed. I'll have to double check this evening.

after working flat out i finished the 2 cars i had booked in for taday by 4:30pm... dashed home and then spent 3 and a half hours on my Audi

Washed, Waxed, Glass polished inside and out, interior deep cleaned (was actually tons of dirt!!), leather deep clean and feed.

A few boring low light pics.

s31stclean.jpg

s31stclean1.jpg

s31stclean3.jpg

s31stclean4.jpg

s31stclean5.jpg

s31stclean6.jpg

s31stclean8.jpg

s31stclean9.jpg

Looks lovely mate,glad your back.

madvw said:
good point, the stamp in the service book is from the factory, where it had it's PDI..

Both wing mirrors are the same, blue tinted and not magnified - from what i've noticed. I'll have to double check this evening.

after checking, they're both normal (i.e. non blue anti dazzle), non-magnified mirrors...

nice work on the motor btw..

Hi Jedi-knight,

Apart from hard work, what products do you use to get the car gleaming.

Cheers
Murph