Just bought A6 Avant 130 1.9tdi 2003 - Amulet Red

racingcar64

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum, just purchased the above and picking it up Sunday. Was going to go for an A4 sport, but future proofing and going for the bigger sized car!

It is in amulet red, which i have heard is quite a rare colour in the UK....When i rang Audi with the vin, it was an option the purchaser asked for....

Looking forward to getting behind the wheel..

any tips i need to check when i go and see the car, bar the usual, lift oil cap and check theres no white stuff, and put it into 5 th gear and drop the clutch and make sure it doesnt slip?

I have also heard the cruise control is standard across a6 avants, is that true?

I think most have CC, but not 100% on that!

The big day today then? Looking forward to seeing it!

Reactions: Tom-Audi
Hi guys. Yes picked up the Audi A6 Avant...Great car, very pleased....great looking car....
IMG 2830

It does have CC on it, and very pokey for a 130bhp big car!

Anyway, one thing i was looking for was a set of roof bars ( to carry a bike ). There seems to be universal aero ones on ebay, but do these fit properly, or is it better to get genuine Audi?

Also i would like a set of rear sun blinds for the kids? do they do nice Audi ones of these, that actually fit?

Hi,

Ive got a set of mont blanc roof bars that have been fine, I've ran them on both my C5 A6 and a B5 a4 prior to that. theres a set currently listed on ebay too - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roof-Bars...985?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c984b3a51

You can actually get OE window blinds that fit into the door cards - i got a set for mine from a breaker, i could get the part number if youre interested?

Cheers

Ben

Got to love these older cars that are capable of providing quality motoring , more cost effective and more reliable than a newer car .

Good choice , A4 seems compromised for rear room .

yeah, we set our heart on an a4, but as you say the room in the back is actually quite dissapointing....an a6 has alot more space all around!

Tell you what though, they dont handle like a big estate, very nimble....

dont worry about a part number, sure i can find them online somewhere...

Plenty of room for DIY stuff I see. Good choice on the PD 130 engine there, they are tough, reliable and good MPG. Remember to use the correct PD oil and regular changes.

Hi,

Ive got a set of mont blanc roof bars that have been fine, I've ran them on both my C5 A6 and a B5 a4 prior to that. theres a set currently listed on ebay too - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roof-Bars...985?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c984b3a51

You can actually get OE window blinds that fit into the door cards - i got a set for mine from a breaker, i could get the part number if youre interested?

Cheers

Ben
would appreciate the part number and if its possible a picture?
thanks in advance

Hi,
I've got a set of door cards and the rears have blinds fitted - cards are black with cream inserts off RS6 - I only used the Recaros.

Let me know if you are interested.

Very good car, nice colour too... Build quality u can trust... :kissmyrings:!
I got same C5, in silver, 1.9 Tdi 130bhp Sport. And I am very happy indeed. Your red one are SE model?
I bought roof bars from friend of mine, he used to have A4 Avant, and I am using same roof bars from Halfords, I believe they are universal fitments.
Tried on my A6, and they fit perfect...
My A6 due very soon for a cam belt...
Has before done on 69K, now 125K on the clock, so time to do it, before it snap:no: ...
I don't know why but my A6 never likes cold start. Or after u leave a car for 8 hours and then start engine, seems like it don't get fuel, or battery don't have proper kick start? I was blaming glow plugs, but they don't start to work, unless -5 cold outside...
Have been done Bosch diagnostics recently, and no faults found, don't know what to fault really...
:greyrs4: