1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just bought a 2.0 tdi dpf s line (2008)

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)' started by Erf, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Erf

Erf Member

[Sep 22, 2012]
    Hi guys,

Just bought the missus a 2.0 tdi avant. This is our first diesel, but we only do about 6,000 miles a year. Should I be worried about the DPF system with our mileage? BTW it's a BRE engine if that makes any difference.

Cheers.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. elan2s

elan2s Member

[Sep 23, 2012]
    The DPF issue is down to how the car is driven rather than the absolute annual mileage. If she only does lots of short journeys In traffic) then the filter will clog quickly and it is unlikely that the DPF cleaning process will complete properly ultimately resulting in it failing. If on the other hand she does a smaller number of longer journeys then the DPF cleaning process will complete normally and not be a problem. Suggest that periodically you use it for a longer journey at high speed to clean out the system (hardly a hardship as it is what the car is designed for, seeing you live in Kingston a good blast down the A3 to Guildford and back should do it), and if the warning light comes on follow the instructions in the handbook.
  4. drmole

drmole Active Member

[Oct 1, 2012]
    theres another option Bardahl do a DPF cleaner which couldnt be simpler to use jus pour into tank and drive the Chemical reaction cleans the DPF as you drive if you wan more info drop me a PM and i can email u the tech date on the cleaner