1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just booked in for R tech remap

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by buz, Sep 4, 2013.

1. buz

buz Flat out

[Sep 4, 2013]
    I have been looking at getting a stage 1 remap on my 2012 S3 for the last few months and after far too much toing and froing I've finally made an appt at R Tech. It's a 2 hour drive away but they have a very good reputation with the 2.0 Tfsi so i'm hoping its worth it, only down side is I've got to wait 2 weeks. My S3 is mechanically standard so it'll be interesting to see the before and after dyno runs.I picked Diva(my name for her as she has expensive tastes) up brand new a year ago today so a little £290 treat for both of us after 11K faultless miles :)I'll let you know how it all goes!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 20, 2014]

3. JJ.Foulds

JJ.Foulds Well-Known Member

[Sep 4, 2013]
    does the £290 include a dyno run afterwards? :O

JJ
  4. Big Pumpa

Big Pumpa Member

[Sep 4, 2013]
    Why dont you go with AMD Tuning? Havent really heard too many good things about R-Tech... if that's the one you mean in St Albans?
  5. jonny1985

jonny1985 Member

[Sep 4, 2013]
    I can vouch for R-tech in Leicester there are by far the best tuner I have been to . Been going there for the past 7 years and every map I had on my 1.8t golf was flawless and they one on my 2009 S3 is the same . Nick and Ben have lots of time for you and don't just map your car and shove you on your way. I travel over 3 hours to get there and would not go any where else.
  6. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Sep 4, 2013]
    Best thing to do with an S3 is remap it....unleashes exactly what it should of been when it left the factory. Stage 1 is safe so you dont have to change clutch, exhaust, HPFP or intake. All you need to do is enjoy!!!
  7. JudderMan

JudderMan Active Member

[Sep 4, 2013]
    R Tech has a great reputation. I follow them on Facebook and the results, tech and knowledge is pretty inspiring to be honest, and even though they're competitors, Nicki and Bill from Badger 5 are always bouncing ideas off each other, which is even cooler.

btw, I'm not a customer of either, just from what I've seen and heard from ASN/FB
  8. J8TT X

J8TT X Member

[Sep 4, 2013]
    I had my 2.0TDi remapped from them a month ago.
    Good guys, great service. :icon_thumright:
  9. buz

buz Flat out

[Sep 4, 2013]
    Thanks for some more positive reviews, makes me even more impatient :) Yes the £290 includes a pre and post dyno run which is impressive as a lot of firms charge similar or more just to flash a generic map with no final evidence of increase or delivery. Just so there's no confusion with which R Tech im using it's Nick and Ben over in Hinkley, Leics!
  10. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

[Sep 5, 2013]
    I fancy one of these. Money seems right with dyno tests included.
    Keep us informed how the map works out...
  11. RyanB88

RyanB88 Member

[Sep 11, 2013]
    Buz - you say you're going in two weeks, I'm going to get my a3 TDI done on saturday 21st, might see you there!
  12. Granta

Granta Active Member

[Sep 12, 2013]
    I have just had mine mapped there on saturday, and very very happy with the result!! They certainly know their VAG stuff, this is the second time i have been there, once with my golf. You are left with a before and after printout from the rolling road. mine made 315 BHP and cant remember the torque figure but it increased by 75 lb/ft! travelled 130 miles to get there but well worth it, their maps are generic to a point and they then fine tune it and get the best they can out of your engine without damaging it, the do a few runs with different setups and mould it into what they are happy with, 2 hours later they take you out in it and show you what an animal your car has become.!!

The reason why i chose them is that they do a health check of your vehicle to, record any fault codes and make sure it is running in a healthy manner before they do anything so to avoid any engine damage,
    bottom line not just a generic map but more of a personal service!! for a good price.
  13. J8TT X

J8TT X Member

[Sep 12, 2013]
    Same reason I went! :thumbsup:
    Also very happy with the results.
  14. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Sep 12, 2013]
    That in my opinion is what it's all about. It progresses the field. We can now see 1.8ts on small frame turbos doing mid frame turbo power whilst still being OEM fitting due to these guys
  15. AudiMafia

AudiMafia Member

[Sep 12, 2013]
    same here they really check your engine if its up for remapping. If not they will be honest with you which means they don't hide away things just so they can have your money
  16. buz

buz Flat out

[Sep 13, 2013]
    Next Thursday can't come quick enough now and after reading this feedback I'm thinking I've made a good choice with R Tech!