1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Booked car in for Remap !!

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by andytaylor1980, Mar 13, 2013.

1. andytaylor1980

andytaylor1980 Member

Hi all ,

Just booked my car in for a remap on the 30th of this month at Big Fish Tuning in Stokesley , cant wait to see the results , hoping to see between 265-270bhp . Booked the RR too

Weighed up revo over this and for the price and Johns reputation this was a no brainer
  2. Audi Dynamik

Audi Dynamik Active Member

Hi,
    What engine ?
  3. andytaylor1980

andytaylor1980 Member

2.0 tfsi 211
  4. Audi Dynamik

Good engine, biased ;)

Cant wait to see the results, mine will be on the rolling road on the 31st March and i will see the figures.
  5. wolfie138

wolfie138 Member

seems like a big hike you're expecting, about 70hp?
    any links to evidence of what they can do to an Audi? I was thinking of the APR remap as you can select which program to run the car on etc, i posted on this site asking them about mileage results but no one replied :-(
  6. andytaylor1980

andytaylor1980 Member

Revo claim up to 300bhp !! my car is the 211bhp model so around 55-60bhp increase. As mentioned im getting the RR before and after with print out so ill post up pics asap
    ScottishS3 likes this.
  7. wolfie138

wolfie138 Member

there was quite a bit of debate about that number on a couple of the other Revo remap threads, as far as i recall that number has never been verified by a customer and there were other issues w/ the Revo map causing hitching under acceleration.
    i'm not techy, as i've said before, but getting another 90hp out via remap seemed slightly dubious to me, given all other remap sites claimed nowhere near that result.
    looking forward to your RR and figures though, be good to get some solid proof.
    andytaylor1980 likes this.
  8. Audi Dynamik

Yeah i am looking forward to seeing the Rolling Road figures for my Revo remap of which they claim to be "305 Bhp" and Andytaylors, to see what kind of different performance you can get from different maps.
    Me and Riggs with the Dynamik both got them Revo Remapped and have a Hesitation whilst under hard acceleration at motorway speeds. This was because it was being run off Tesco 99 Momentum, It doesn't happen if i use Shell V Power, Luckily there is a Shell just down the road from me and one near the place of work so i am okay :)
  9. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Member Site Sponsor

No way are you getting 200hp from a remap on this engine.

It is certainly worth doing, but figures aren't anywhere near that. What's important is how it drives :)

Rick
  10. andytaylor1980

andytaylor1980 Member

200BHP ?? who mentioned getting that , think there are crossed wires here somewhere buddy
  11. riggssuzuki

riggssuzuki Member

200 BHP? eh? where did that come from?
  12. andytaylor1980

andytaylor1980 Member

Well car has been mapped today , couldn't RR the car due to it being a Quattro and John only has a 2wd RR . In really happy with the Map , the car pulls a lot better , it's running around 260/265 . John said tuning up to 300 is not something he would feel comfortable with which for me shows his proffesionism. I would strongly recommend his service !
  13. AudiAvant

AudiAvant New Member

Sounds great, and defo something I will consider in the future, once my oil consumption issues are sorted.

Do you mind sharing how much it cost you for a remap up to the 260bhp mark????

Thanks
  14. andytaylor1980

andytaylor1980 Member

The Map cost £225 which in my eyes was a steal over the Revo cost , fair enough revo claim more power but the 50/55bhp increase has transformed the car.

I cant recommend Big Fish Tuning enough , John is a nice guy running a tight ship . I went for a 8.30 am appointment and just wandered into town, returned 2 hours later and the car was just about done.
  15. andytaylor1980

andytaylor1980 Member

Todays the day buddy , looking forward to seeing your RR results , would love to see the 300BHP to stop all the haters haha
  16. AudiAvant

AudiAvant New Member

£225 - I would say that is a very good price for that sort of increase in power. I wish I lived closer so that I could take advantage of that remap. So you really have noticed a difference then????
  17. andytaylor1980

andytaylor1980 Member

Without a doubt , the car drives alot better
  18. Audi Dynamik