1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just booked a remap for my A3

Discussion in 'Sales Questions' started by Darren199, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Darren199

Darren199 New Member

[Sep 19, 2011]
    Hi Ben,
    I've just booked a remap for my 2.0 TDI A3 at AMD Essex and have been reading this section of the forum and noticed something you posted in another thread, where you mention giving the car a health check with VAGCOM.

What sort of things can this highlight to yourselves? And if my A3 for some reason does have something wrong with it and you can't remap it just yet, do I still have to pay the full amount, or am I just charged for the health check and any required work it highlights?

Many thanks
    Darren
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. RobMorris

RobMorris Member

[Sep 19, 2011]
    Im interested in what you think of the results. Im pondering taking my 2.0 TDI A3 done there. Interested to hear if you think its worth the £400!
  4. Darren199

Darren199 New Member

[Sep 20, 2011]
    I did think it was a bit steep, and there were other companies that could do it much cheaper, FR&R Tuning for example could do it over £100 cheaper, but they're so far away the fuel needed would negate any savings that would have been made!

However, the AMD package does seem more comprehensive. They give you a health check using VAGCOM (handy if your engine's unknowingly on its last legs), they give you a dyno run before the remap to ascertain it's current performance figures. They then remap it and do another dyno run, giving you a clear indication of the acheived performance gains.

Not only that, but if it goes wrong, they're only round the corner from me, and not hundreds of miles away!

Either way I'll keep you posted!
  5. bmimily

bmimily New Member

[Sep 20, 2011]
    Make sure you find out that the company is backed by a reputable insurance company, many provide in house guarantees. Check out Viezu Technologies, only one of few companies that are 100% insurance backed, they also will show you their insurance certificate.
  6. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

[Sep 21, 2011]
    Hello Darren,

We do fault code check the cars and road test them while data logging, if we find anything wrong that would mean the remap is not advsiable there would be no charge. We would then tell you what would be required to sort any issues and costs to repair.

I do know there are cheaper companies out there, as with everything in life it is a case of you get what you pay for. I could go out today and have a remap for £150 or less but I wouldn't expected it to be that great. A good amount of times a month we are sorting out issues with cars where they have been and had these cheap remaps done on their drive or at a non reputable comapny.
  7. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

[Sep 21, 2011]
    More importantly I would go on customer recommendation and previous history, any reputable company would cover their product and make sure it is right for the vehicle in the first place.