1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just about to order...........

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by jassyo06, Mar 10, 2013.

1. jassyo06

jassyo06 New Member

[Mar 10, 2013]
    Hi folks i am just about to order a A3 SPORTSBACK S-Line in Glacier White with a few added options,power folding door mirrors,privacy glass,satnav sd based,lighting package.........but the thing is do get 1.8 s-tronic or the 2.0 diesel if i go for the diesel i can load up the car with more extras full leather....etc,etc or do i go for the 1.8 with extras above.

How good is the s-tronic 1.8 car any help would be appreciated and is the dsg gearbox flappy paddled i cant see them on the configurator???/
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Ruthus_1

Ruthus_1 Member

[Mar 10, 2013]
  4. Jeff777LUFC

Jeff777LUFC Member

[Mar 10, 2013]
    I collect mine (1.8 s-tronic) on Saturday so will try to offer my feedback then. I haven't driven a DSG/S-tronic at all yet, but I am VERY excited by it. Yes, it has flappy paddles, and I have dreamed of having these for years, ever since they were introduced to F1 :). I will be quite disappointed (and surprised) if the lag is as bad as is being reported.
  5. bobwilson

bobwilson Member

[Mar 10, 2013]
    I'm one of the people reporting lag with that engine. Please note that I have not tried the diesel, so don't know if it's any different..

Jeff do let us know ur thoughts when u get the car on sat. I'm going to test drive another engine soon...
  6. mack71

mack71 New Member

[Mar 10, 2013]
    Has anyone driven an Audi automatic without lag? I currently have a multi tronic audi and the lag is shocking!
  7. Chester Draws

Chester Draws Member

[Mar 10, 2013]
    Bob , just wondered how many miles you have actually driven to be able to comment on the lag ?
  8. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

[Mar 10, 2013]
    no, they all suffer from it.

Mark
    bobwilson likes this.
  9. jassyo06

jassyo06 New Member

[Mar 11, 2013]
    Well i have gone and done the deed and ordered the 1.8 tfsi engine honestly i dislike diesels had one never again, thought about the A3 no likey.So i have gone for the sportsback in lesser spec it suits me i have ALL the gadgets in my car just now and never use them lol.Its in glacier white, black roof rails,sd based satnav,interior lighting package,power folding door mirrors,its a personal lease, my current lease ends in june the 8th.Then i am off on holiday for a fortnight so hopefully it should be with me by then..??? what is the lead time anyhow and i am CHUFFED TO BITS as this is my first Audi l have always want a german car.

Oh i have gone for the black roof rails because i hope to pick up a set of dark rotor alloys new or immaculate used ones to change
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  10. Chester Draws

Chester Draws Member

[Mar 11, 2013]
    My work car is a diesel at present and I ordered a SB diesel due to the mileage I do per year - about 35k . I would have liked a petrol but the fuel saving over 3 years was just too great . If I did maybe 10k - 15k per year I would have gone petrol
  11. bobwilson

bobwilson Member

[Mar 11, 2013]
    You only need to get in the car once and leave a carpark to feel the lag. You put the pedal down, almost a second later, the car moves. The same applies when overtaking or speeding up in any form. We did a test drive, I'm not sure how many miles. We're trying to arrange an unaccompanied test drive for an hour (the max they allow), but judging from other posters on here, it doesn't look good. i.e. other engines have lag.
  12. bobwilson

bobwilson Member

[Mar 11, 2013]
    Hi Mark, have you driven any of the golf s tronics, do you know if they suffer from the same lag?
  13. dieseldoug

dieseldoug Member

[Mar 11, 2013]
    I have the 2.0 litre diesel 6 speed manual box with no lag issues at all. In fact it's a great power machine even when used in Auto drive-select mode. Are the cars you are testing set for efficiency mode hence the lag?
  14. bobwilson

bobwilson Member

[Mar 11, 2013]
    *sigh* it's already been stated the lag only happens with s tronic engines, not manual. Please *read* before u post ;)
  15. jassyo06

jassyo06 New Member

[Mar 12, 2013]
    Well lag or no gearbox lag it wont put me off this car its the best looking Audi hatchback ever inside and out especially inside and Glacier white is stunning,I have a flat white paint on my car just now which i like but a metallic white is even cooler