1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just a quick question... identify this pipe please?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by 5l4y3r10, Oct 12, 2012.

1. 5l4y3r10

5l4y3r10 Member

ok cant upload a photo but should be easy for someone... i have a audi a3 aum 1.8 2003 facelift. i have been driving the car for about a week and thought there has been a boost leak so just had a quick look.

from the hockypuck you have a pipe coming out the splits into 2, one goes into the top of the head and the other goes underneath, i believe it goes to the intake mani by the throttle body, however where it goes down from the hocky puck just after where it splits into two there is a huge crack all down the side of it. obv i will be getting a new one but what do i need to buy and does this hold boost? basically, has this been my problem? cheers tom
  2. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

Yes part of the PCV system and it'll make a difference if split. My advice is check for others whilst your there as you'll probably find more leaks! The part number I can't remember but go to your local tps and they'll order another for you!
  3. 5l4y3r10

5l4y3r10 Member

ok thanks alot, will do tomorrow, so does it hold boost pressure as does seem very flimsy. may have to get rid and get a catch can.
  4. vrbob

vrbob Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

You have a pm :)