Jump or not to Jump

Chip20

Reaction score
Having been a VW golf owner for quite sometime I am wondering is it time to take the jump over to an new Audi S3? My latest golf that I have owned for the last 2 and a half years has been great but I am really getting the horn for an S3.Has anyone else made the switch?
IMG 3247

Reactions: Pinky1959
Having been a VW golf owner for quite sometime I am wondering is it time to take the jump over to an new Audi S3? My latest golf that I have owned for the last 2 and a half years has been great but I am really getting the horn for an S3.Has anyone else made the switch?View attachment 107488

adade3f06c6f34c9481f36636137831b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohh yeah, man.
Look at the Golf and the S3 pictures.
I'm sorry mate but for me, Golf was, is and always be just a Golf. It is like blokes first car.
Please, dont get me wrong here as my first car was from VW group.
Shame to admit but it was Skoda Fabia.
It was fun for some time and than I've jumped into A4. Got it remaped, plasti dipped and so on and it was more fun. Faster fun.
Child arrived and changed to A6 Avant.
These are the mature decisions.
I think it is an bloke-car evolution.
I say, go for the S3 but under condition that next car will be S5 if you're still in the "bloke mode". If you become "husband mode" than change it for S6 or RS6.
I would've go for RS6 but my missus is **** scared me driveing more than 40mph. Lol
Joking. Lack of funds for money on "the dream car", for me.

Ohh yeah, man.
Look at the Golf and the S3 pictures.
I'm sorry mate but for me, Golf was, is and always be just a Golf. It is like blokes first car.
Please, dont get me wrong here as my first car was from VW group.
Shame to admit but it was Skoda Fabia.
It was fun for some time and than I've jumped into A4. Got it remaped, plasti dipped and so on and it was more fun. Faster fun.
Child arrived and changed to A6 Avant.
These are the mature decisions.
I think it is an bloke-car evolution.
I say, go for the S3 but under condition that next car will be S5 if you're still in the "bloke mode". If you become "husband mode" than change it for S6 or RS6.
I would've go for RS6 but my missus is **** scared me driveing more than 40mph. Lol
Joking. Lack of funds for money on "the dream car", for me.

I'm 42 and don't want to grow up! Bought myself an 8L S3 and love it.Just not sure I would notoice much difference in the new S3 for the price to change from the golf

There's an RS3 just down the road from me and it makes me pine every time, but then I remember how many issues I had with my two previous Audis.

My uncle has all the money he needs, but is still very frugal. He's always had two golfs and changes them quite regularly, normally within 4 years. Two years ago he changed one of his golfs for an A3; but all he does now is moan about costs, particularly repairs.

He's just bought his next golf but I think his A3 will soon be replaced with another golf!

Reactions: Chip20
There's an RS3 just down the road from me and it makes me pine every time, but then I remember how many issues I had with my two previous Audis.

My uncle has all the money he needs, but is still very frugal. He's always had two golfs and changes them quite regularly, normally within 4 years. Two years ago he changed one of his golfs for an A3; but all he does now is moan about costs, particularly repairs.

He's just bought his next golf but I think his A3 will soon be replaced with another golf!

Some good advice thank you

Some good advice thank you

It's just something to think about. I was paying over a £1000 a year on what essentially are classed as common Audi faults.

If I wasn't sitting at the lights when my belt tensioner failed, I would have been spending £9,000 on a new engine after 2 years of ownership!