[Jul 4, 2015] GTI International 2015 (Stratford-Upon-Avon)

Administrators

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
GTI International is at Shakespeare County Raceway again for 2015..

Here's what happened for 2014:

After a slow start due to the wind and rain on Friday night into Saturday morning, this year’s event picked up noticeably as the sun dried out the site on Saturday afternoon and the quarter-mile drag strip sprung into action…

… with over 2200 runs over the weekend, the times were soon tumbling and this year Paul Jordan recorded a new record for the quarter-mile at GTI International, with a 9.02 ET in his four-wheel-drive Mk 1 Scirocco 20VT.

Many of the top tuning companies also ran their demo cars on the strip, as well as displays by members of the Volkswagen Drag Racing Club (VWDRC), while many visitors also took the opportunity to hire a helmet and make their first forays onto a world-class drag strip.

Saturday night saw plenty of camaraderie throughout the campsite, as well as entertainment from a DJ and live band in the clubhouse, and a sunny Sunday also saw the V8-powered

Monster truck giving exciting passenger rides in the Tractor Pull area, although some members of the Polo clubs weren’t quite so pleased with their choice of cars to clamber over!

The Show ’n’ Shine, sponsored again by AutoGlym this year – this time staged on the hardstanding at the end of the main trade area – saw an excellent turnout on both days and some top quality show cars, with nearly 100 cars entered on Saturday and almost 200 on Sunday.

Reactions: Alex_Wil and Neil2014
Of course ;) hopefully wont be stuck in traffic and take me 6 hours this time!!

There will be a stand - was last year. was the best meet/show in my opinion last year

I am all weekend . Getting there early on Friday this time !

What your sleeping Friday and sat? That's dedication lol might see if I can get day off work and join you haha. Me and my mate up for camping.

Reactions: Alex_Wil
Yeah will be camping both days , BBQ, Beer and hopefully sun!

Think mine was £37 for whole weekend (camping and ticket) and weather dependent ill get a morning or afternoon session ticket for the 1/4 mile

lads is their anything i need to bring to join this meet trackday insurance or helmet etc????

I'm looking at going to this just for the day, maybe Sunday. Would be good to get the DTM up the strip and see what sort of times I get outta the old girl with the revo stage one.

Guys if you are attending this meet, would you please rsvp in the top post. Thanks. :) x

Came on the Saturday last year, Great barbecue and had some fun on the strip .
Might camp and do the weekend this year.

Guys if you are attending this meet, would you please rsvp in the top post. Thanks. :) x
Sandra I must be a bit thick but can't find a post other than this one. Or maybe it's my Tapatalk playing up.

Scroll to the top of this thread, you will see a map with location of the event, on the right hand side there is an option to tick, yes, no or maybe to attending this event. Click your choice and post. @jaybv6

Scroll to the top of this thread, you will see a map with location of the event, on the right hand side there is an option to tick, yes, no or maybe to attending this event. Click your choice and post. @jaybv6
Cheers Sandra. Will check when I'm on my Mac as I cannot see those options on the iPad via Tapatalk.

Reactions: Sandra
No problem. I can see on my ipad, but i dont use tapatalk. Any issue give me a shout. :) x

Think mine was £37 for whole weekend (camping and ticket) and weather dependent ill get a morning or afternoon session ticket for the 1/4 mile

Just booked for me and my brother for Saturday entry and camping Dude, so will have to meet up with you when we get there.

Just hope we can find a tent now haha!! :icon thumright:

Just booked for me and my brother for Saturday entry and camping Dude, so will have to meet up with you when we get there.

Just hope we can find a tent now haha!! :icon thumright:

Defiantly . if you got the club stand pass as well it will be all in same area . I had great fun at the fast show last year when two of my ten polls snapped and it was chucking it down with rain! :keule:

Defiantly . if you got the club stand pass as well it will be all in same area . I had great fun at the fast show last year when two of my ten polls snapped and it was chucking it down with rain! :keule:

hahaha dont want any rain mate, I dont do rain lol.

Sould be a good laugh tho (few Beers and all that)

Cheers for the passes how many we got on there?

Not a fan either . Always turns up were ever though !

When you buy the passes you can select your club stand and audi sport is on there . If you have brought them already and not selected club stand just give them call and they will add it :)

Yes very true mate :mad: fingers crossed it stay away.

Yes i chose the stand passes on for the Audi Sport :icon thumright:

Yes there is Gingers :)

It's ****** expensive though isn't it??? Gona be £100 to just get tickets and have a go on the strip with 1 nights camping?.....

Then fuel to get there and back half way across the country lol

sunday ticket and stand pass booked today

Reactions: Smirky and Compkiler
lads is their anything i need to bring to join this meet trackday insurance or helmet etc????

To go down the strip, you will need a Helmet and your arms covered, no insurance is needed, it's at your own risk! You can rent a helmet on the day if you don't have one.

First dibs then on being a passenger in ya TTRS mate ;-) hehe

Pretty sure passengers are not allowed down the strip for this event, unless it's a trade car. Stand to be corrected though...
Just booked tickets and put my name down for a stand pass :nogarors4::racer:

Just booked for both days and clubstand pass aswell.

Hoping to come along this year and also my other half. Gonna come for the weekend camping/club stand and also doing runs on the Saturday and just watch people on the Sunday. Hope. To see you all there. Can't wait

Reactions: jojo
Ah ok, why get rid of the lovely ttrs? Loose a lot I take it in performance

Ah ok, why get rid of the lovely ttrs? Loose a lot I take it in performance
TT RS is a great car till the manual gear box decides to start making strange noise s ! Had to go !
You would be surprised with the s1, I was ! With a map they have TT RS speed just lack some power and noise , s1 is much more fun car to drive though !

Reactions: jojo
I will be going on the Sunday as it is just down the road from me!

Think I may come along for the Sunday ,what's the traffic like on a Sunday morning ?

There will be Silverstone traffic for the F1, but other than that, it should be pretty clear.
I thought they had sorted the f1 traffic? What time does it kick off on Sunday?