Facelift Jukebox restrictions?

paradigital

Reaction score
Hi Guys, On both my A6 and my A4 I tended to use Jukebox for my "core" media (stuff I know I like and can listen to without having to faff around finding the "right" album or song). I've read through the facelift handbook and found that it's "about" a 10GB limit for the jukebox partition, which is fine, however I know from experience that my A4 B8 also had a "number of songs" limit (not in the handbook, but became prevalent when trying to import too many files).

Does the 8V have a similar limit, if so does anyone know what it happens to be?

I'm currently populating a USB stick for importing into the Jukebox, but I want to know what I'm working with as faffing around on the MMI itself to select individual tracks, albums or playlists to import is far more time consuming than simply doing it beforehand on the PC and then initiating one single import job on the MMI.

Thanks in advance.

GTA;440000 said:
What format are the movies/shows in? Can't seem to get anything other than MP3 and JPEG format working.

I got my video format from Audi sport dot net. Have done a heap of movies in 5.1 with perfect results.

Audio:

. Mp3
. Wma;
. Asf
. M4a;
. M4b;
. Aac

MPEG-1/-2
Layer-3
Windows Media Audio 9 and 10
MPEG-2/-4

max. 320 kbit / s and 48 kHz sampling frequency

Video: 4gb file size limit
. Mpg;
. Mpeg
. Avi
. Mp4;
. M4v;
. Mov
. Wmv

MPEG-1/-2
ISO-MPEG4, DivX 3, 4 and 5; Xvid
ISO-MPEG4 H.264 (MPEG4 AVC)
Windows Media Video 9

max. 2000 kbit / s and 720x576 px. at max. 25fps

Playlists

.. M3U,. PLS,. WPL; M3U8;. ASX

File system
SD-/SDHC-/SDXC-/MMC-Speicherkarten
USB Mass Storage: exFAT, FAT or FAT32, NTFS file system
USB mass storage: up to 4 partitions
DVD drive: ISO9660, Joliet, UDF

Number of Files
DVD drive (max. 1000 files per disc): max. 1000 files per directory and
max. 1000 files per playlist;
Jukebox (max. 10 GB): max. 3000 files can be copied;
USB drives and memory cards (up to 10000 files per disc): max. 1000 files per directory and max. 1000 files per playlist

Some slight variations on MMI versions across MY15 and MY16

Reactions: Simon L and paradigital
3000 files, thanks :) I've only got to whittle out 523 then :)

Reactions: AudiNutta, Simon L and WarwickL
I don't have that issue for much longer as our S3 is about to be sold :)
Hi mate.....You leaving the forum?
Didn't realise you were going ahead with the sale......What car have you gone for then?

Reactions: WarwickL and Simon L
If he is like me, I've got the JB full of tracks I'll never change, one SD card full of movies and TV shoes and the other card full of my entire music collection :)

Added to that a few Audio DVDs in 5.1

You enabled VIM Warwick or is this for when you are stationary up on the Sunny Coast watching the whales migrate? :D

PS: Ford Ranger WT; What was your decision on that if you don't mind the asking?

Reactions: pburv
Cool thanks.

The Swift Sports are fun little cars to drive around town in; nippy and easy to park. Good choice on the Ranger WT and glad you didnt go the Jeep or Hi-Lux route :D

Reactions: pburv and WarwickL
Bit of a bump, no need for a new thread.

Looks like the "about 10GB" that the handbook tells you is "available for Jukebox" is a bit wrong. 9.7GB of music didn't fit, so I've now shrunk the entire collection and wish to re-import it.

Does anyone know how to format/erase/delete the entire content of the Jukebox? I can clear artists or albums, but can't find any way to wipe the whole thing, shame if this isn't possible as it was a one-click wonder on my B8.

You just check all the albums and delete them. I only rip CD albums to the jukebox. I keep mp3s/videos to the SD.

I only needed to wipe my Jukebox once when it randomly mixed all of the album tracks I could not figure out how to get this corrected. It hasn't done that since and I'm glad because it can take hours to load albums back on to the Jukebox.

Only bugs I experience with the Jukebox is the occasional album not showing up right, instead of giving the name of the album it list a numeral set of numbers.

Also the MMI has difficulty reading CD tracks that are near the end, there's lots of pop-in and cracks that can get ripped into the song, or the last track might just get skipped when ripping to the Jukebox.

Overrall, if the MMI accurately downloaded CD album info data the Jukebox would be perfect. It's definitely worth using if you don't Android/Apple Car play.

I got my video format from Audi sport dot net. Have done a heap of movies in 5.1 with perfect results.

Audio:

. Mp3
. Wma;
. Asf
. M4a;
. M4b;
. Aac

MPEG-1/-2
Layer-3
Windows Media Audio 9 and 10
MPEG-2/-4

max. 320 kbit / s and 48 kHz sampling frequency

Video: 4gb file size limit
. Mpg;
. Mpeg
. Avi
. Mp4;
. M4v;
. Mov
. Wmv

MPEG-1/-2
ISO-MPEG4, DivX 3, 4 and 5; Xvid
ISO-MPEG4 H.264 (MPEG4 AVC)
Windows Media Video 9

max. 2000 kbit / s and 720x576 px. at max. 25fps

Playlists

.. M3U,. PLS,. WPL; M3U8;. ASX

File system
SD-/SDHC-/SDXC-/MMC-Speicherkarten
USB Mass Storage: exFAT, FAT or FAT32, NTFS file system
USB mass storage: up to 4 partitions
DVD drive: ISO9660, Joliet, UDF

Number of Files
DVD drive (max. 1000 files per disc): max. 1000 files per directory and
max. 1000 files per playlist;
Jukebox (max. 10 GB): max. 3000 files can be copied;
USB drives and memory cards (up to 10000 files per disc): max. 1000 files per directory and max. 1000 files per playlist

Some slight variations on MMI versions across MY15 and MY16
Hello mate, I'm hoping you can help me understand how and where I'd get movies from and onto an sd card please?

Reactions: pburv
Oh crikey my bad, very sorry. I'm new to the forum, and relatively new to asn.
Hey no probs mate. You weren't to know.
Sorry I can't answer your question though.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Shaun Osborne
Hi guys, would anybody be interested in selling a loaded sd card with tracks and movies? Or just movies would do.

Also if anybody knows of someone selling an OBD11 device with pro, please point them to me.

Thankyou