Juddery clutch

tobesvw

Reaction score
When I bought my A6 (off a mate) recently, it had just had a new clutch and dual mass flywheel fitted. I've noticed recently that there is a fair amount of 'juddering' at low speed when lifting the clutch. It only happens in 1st gear and then is normal once the car is going.

Has anyone else ever come across this, could it be a problem with the new clutch? I can go back to the guy that fitted it, but before I do that I just wondered if it was a common problem.

thanks guys

Hi,

Try searching on this part of the forum;-

Clutch judder from cold in damp weather

some great info there which I think will explain things,It helped me. Original problem posted by

Macduff on 25th October 2006

Good Luck

very handy thanks, sounds like it's pretty normal on cold or damp mornings (so that's most of the year then!). Not sure whether I'll get it looked at or not, it's a new clutch but I guess without this new part that doesn't let moisture build up as much. I would probably have to incur more expense which I don't really want to do!

Thanks for the link though.

Yep had my juddery clutch for two years now, still no difference/change got to live with it, dont even think about it now(except when somebody posts on Audi Sport haha) as you say a least you should get a couple of months throughout the year juddery free.

Is it just me or are we starting to get quite alot of things on the expensively "reliable" audis that we have to "live with"?

Yeah possibly although my car is 10 years old now so I'd expect some little foibles and stuff. Certainly not on newer cars tho