Juddering...

jdw88rm

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Noticed my 1.9tdi has been doing this occasional 'judder' when running idle and it's now getting more intermittent... anyone know what's this a sign of?
Any help would be great!
Cheers, jonno

Last edited:
Might be an air leak on your injectors ??

Engine mounts!

If your unsure take a look at both mounts and you should see leaked fluid from one of them (although it's fairly hard to actually see the mount as loads of stuff is in the way) or check it on vag-com but I'm fairly sure you'll find this is the issue.

I've no idea what these look like or are located mate? Are they even a mechanical part? Surely a mount is just a bracket?

Could be 101 things get it read and go from there as yours is a diesel I think you got a sensor on your engine mount so if there leaking it will show a code

I've no idea what these look like or are located mate? Are they even a mechanical part? Surely a mount is just a bracket?

As I said they're hard to see and I can't quite remember what to look underneath but somewhere in the bay you should be able to see a couple of these and one will have leaked (the other is solid), failing that it'll flag up in vag-com

8D0199379K.jpg

Common problem in 1.9tdi's (classed as a serviceable item), shouldn't cause any damage or problems other than the annoyance of shaking but I definitely see why your concerned as mine also did this and I too thought it was a serious issue.

My solution was to replace them with B5 RS4 engine mounts which are both solid so have no chance of them leaking, instead of violent shaking it now has a very minor vibration which (call me crazy) makes it feel more like a race car. I also changed the snub mount to a stiffer 2.5tdi one at the same time.

Ah! so only one of the mounts is fluid, must be the n/s, as Iv'e seen some red fluid around mine (1.9tdi).