1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

judder

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by si hoc, Feb 1, 2011.

1. si hoc

si hoc Member

[Feb 1, 2011]
    Hi to all new on here, just picked up my 07 a4 2.0 tdi 140 avant with 41k on it, just a question when the car is cold and i pull away there is i judder at the clutch bitting point but when warmed up it seems to dissapear, is this just a trait of these engines or is it the dreaded dual mass fly wheel playing up???, or am i just not used to a diesel when cold lol
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. lespaul

lespaul Member

[Feb 1, 2011]
    I have the 170 and it has the judder. Audi have now but want it back for a whole week. They want to take off the gear box. thank god it's under warranty.
  4. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

[Feb 2, 2011]
    Mine does the same,im thinking dual mass flywheel, but im sure i heard audi want 1500 quid plus fitted,so ill leave it for now
  5. si hoc

si hoc Member

[Feb 2, 2011]
    luckily mine has a years audi warranty, and it has to go back cause the rear window washer isnt working, will leave it a month see if owt else pops up
  6. si hoc

si hoc Member

[Feb 4, 2011]
    well its booked in audi mon21st, they have gave me a loan car for the whole week, they must be expecting problems lol!!!!!
  7. lespaul

lespaul Member

[Feb 17, 2011]
    Well Audi had it back. Took the gear box off. Replaced the clutch and flywheel all under warranty. Fantastic.
    So as well as a shed load of engine work before I bought it this has now been done. Basicly new engine almost?
  8. si hoc

si hoc Member

[Feb 26, 2011]
    Well Audi Teesside had it 4 days replaced the clutch release bearing new clutch plate and sorted the other things i wasnt happy about, and they gave me a brand new a4 avant 1.8t se while it was in, so fingers crossed thats the last visit i have to do:happy:. thought the service off them was great after i had heard that they wernt the best:sadlike:
  9. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

[Feb 26, 2011]
    mentioned this to Audi, as they're going to be taking off the gearbox anyway due to a leak somewhere, as I've also got this issue...joy...
  10. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

[Mar 8, 2011]
    good news, they've authorised the repairs, it was a leaking pipe/seal that went into the gearbox and they're doing the DMF as well :)

Hoping to get it back today/tomorrow and get some power back under my right foot :)