judder on pull off!

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
A4 tdi b6
when pulling off at a junction get a slight judder in 1st gear only,if i pull off pretty quick then no judder,this has been like this for 15 months,just thort id find out what it could be!

Some say may have had a non genuine clutch in the past,i dont know,its nothing dramatic but thort id find out see what it could be.

100k+ 51-plate 130.

Sounds like clutch judder to me, is it worse when car is cold? I gotta say this car doesnt half give you some headaches (lol)

If the clutch does not slip when fully home. its not the plate but more likely to be the cover is getting weak.

I get this on my 130PD. Only tends to do it first thing in the morning when the weather's damp. Doesn't do it pulling out of the driveway but at the end of my road it does then maybe 2-3 more times and after that it's OK for the rest of the day. I haven't been able to replicate it for the dealer and I've been told that now my car has 29k on it they wouldn't replace the clutch under warranty even if there was a fault!

In the past three weeks I've driven an 06 2.0TDI A6 Avant, A4 2.5 TDI Cab and an A3 2.0 TDI on loan and ALL of them had clutch judder in first gear. It did seem to get better the longer the car was running, but I wondered whether this was a symptom of the diesel engine rather than the petrol. It's annoying and a little scary, especially when you look at the cost of repairs.

previous car was a A4(b5)1996 1.9 tdi.was getting violent clutch judder when the car was warm (after a journey)had the clutch and pressure plate assembley changed,clutch felt different,after about 3000ml or so problem started again but like as desccibed by MACDUFF above first thing in the morning.If I were to do any more with it I would look at changing the flywheel.

I have a 54 plate Audi A4 Cabriolet 1.8T. I experience the clutch judder every now and again in 1st gear. Its from cold. Audi have officially told me that they are aware of the issue and its due to the design of the clutch system and the release of a fluid (sounds like it helps grease the clutch plates). It takes some time from cold to properly release.

As far as I was concerned, this is a design fault and I told them this. Whether this relates to your issue is debatable. The other distinct possibility is a warped clutch plate.

Mark