1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Judder at 75mph

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Ryan_Hol, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Ryan_Hol

Ryan_Hol Member

hello, ive got a 2.0t b7 and when i accelerate above 75mph and take my foot off the accelerator it judders until the speed gets to about 70, anyone got any ideas what this could be, any help appreciated, thanks

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

Unbalanced wheels? My C-Max had a horrible vibration above 70mph and it turned out the tyres were warped and the wheels unbalanced.

4. Ryan_Hol

Ryan_Hol Member

i'll try that c if it sorts it, thanks

5. Paul B7

Paul B7 Active Member

As a general guide wheel balance issues occur in the 50 -70 mph range and can be driven through i.e if you are experiencing wheel wobble /vibration at say 65mph and you can accelerate past this speed and the vibration dissapears it IS a wheel balance issue. In your case if you can drive above 70mph and the wheel wobble/vibration disappears then IT IS wheel balance that is at fault.
    IF the wheel wobble/vibration does not disappear I would put my money on warped wheels or possibly an out of round tyre.

6. Ryan_Hol

Ryan_Hol Member

going to go and get them checked today, thanks a lot