1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Judder and Boost Question

adam8747 May 22, 2010

1. adam8747

adam8747 Member

Ok my car judders when I let the throttle off. It only happens when I have really put my foot down. It feels like the engine is dumping all of the power....Has anyone else had this problem? Have changed the dv could it be a maf problem?

Also I fitted a boost gauge to my car yesterday. Its boosting at 14psi, has it been mapped?

2. OllieH

OllieH Member

It's hard to tell what you mean by this. Do you mean the car suddenly stops accelerating when you release the pedal, as in like when you hit a puddle of water in the road (quite normal I think, especially if making full boost), or do you mean once you have let the throttle off the car judders, like you're driving across rumble strips??

3. adam8747

adam8747 Member

Sorry this is pretty vague. Yes its a bit like hitting water, just doesnt feel right. As for the boost pressure any ideas?

4. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

Ummmmmm, yes it is a bit. For example, how are we supposed to know if:

when we don't know vital pieces of information such as what engine it is. A3 or S3? They run at different pressures standard and mapped....