Joining the S4 club

rizzini7

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Finally joining the S4 club!!!!
Just put a deposit down on a 2010 manual on 46k
Damping Control, Dynamic Steering, Audi Drive Select, Black Roof rails, Black Styling pack, Adaptive cruise control, B&O Sound System, Quattro Sport diff, 19" alloys, Audi Music Interface.
Should be collecting next Thursday excited isn't the word

Reactions: Stu2w, Chop., DrSasso and 2 others
Sounds like a cracker :)

Welcome to club :s4addict:

Finally joining the S4 club!!!!
Just put a deposit down on a 2010 manual on 46k
Damping Control, Dynamic Steering, Audi Drive Select, Black Roof rails, Black Styling pack, Adaptive cruise control, B&O Sound System, Quattro Sport diff, 19" alloys, Audi Music Interface.
Should be collecting next Thursday excited isn't the word
Great news, @rizzini7, so glad to see you're coming over from B7-land at last.

Welcome!! You won't be disappointed! I got mine only 4 weeks ago and it's by far the best car I've ever had the pleasure of being in, let alone owning!! It's an awesome car!! :s4addict:

@rizzini7 Sounds like a nice car Baz. What colour is it? A week will fly past and this time next week we get some pics as its the :rulez::) x

Been crazing the wife for ages. It's black, sadly no super sports seats. But you can't have everything

Bit of a trek to collect. I'm in north norfolk and the car is in Aberdeen

North Norfolk....snap!
I've just got an S5 sportback 10 days ago and am loving it.

Reactions: Chop.
If I change name do I lose all my post count?
@MattS3 - No
Just make sure you change your username from the 'advanced options' menu on the left on your 'personal details' page

Reactions: MattS5
The perils of having a car-specific name!

All you've got to do now is wait a week. Imagine what it was like for me, @Bristle Hound, @scotty76 and others who had to wait three months or more whilst those lazy, feckless, left-wing German auto workers built our cars. :)
Yeah the wait was a killer. Always having had 2nd hand cars I'd not endured it before. Well worth it though!

I'd guess coming from an A4 3.2FSI Q as well as the obvious benefits, a possible drop on fuel bills when you are not playing will be possible. I initially was looking at buying a newish A4 3.2TFSI Q - but the MPG for a normal but quickish car was scary looking.

Edit:- I hope that the weather is kind to you!

It's my first car with more than 4 cylinders, i love the raspyness of it when you drop a couple gears.
I am thinking about a scorpian catback and a intake at some point though! will be a way off yet but it will happen!

Reactions: xpoweruk
All you've got to do now is wait a week. Imagine what it was like for me, @Bristle Hound, @scotty76 and others who had to wait three months or more whilst those lazy, feckless, left-wing German auto workers built our cars. :)

Come on; It took BH a year to come to his senses to decided he was too scared to enter the dark world of the 8V forum!

Reactions: scotty76 and jdp1962
Great choice OP. I'm going to get a couple of years (hopefully) out of my A3 and my current thinking is to then 'upgrade' to the V6, either in S4 or S5 guise. They seem a lot of engine for the money!

Reactions: rizzini7
Sounds like a cracking motor mate, and the right colour ;-)

Good luck on your journey up watch out for the haggis :-0

Don't worry, there is not much chance of you getting bothered by haggises/haggi as most of the big and mature ones will have been caught for Rab C Burns night which was sometime in January, stocks will be recovering at the moment.

Reactions: Chop.
Come on; It took BH a year to come to his senses to decided he was too scared to enter the dark world of the 8V forum!
@mister.c. - I had ordered and cancelled 2 new S3 saloons before I 'saw the light' & ordered a new S4
I had been in the 'ASN naughty boys' section before I had come 'ere :p
:D

Reactions: scotty76

Well, my last brand new car was a VW Passat 2.8V6 4Motion, I placed the order in early August 1999 and picked it up late May 2000, that was due to VAG being nasty about people personally importing cars, in my case for that car via Intercar who were brokers for NATO personnel and anyone else that wished to buy a new factory ordered car at a silly low price. It certainly meant being able to look ahead and stick with your plans and hope that the current car would also stick around for that time! That meant getting a car that VW UK dealer could sell me for £26K as a factory order, for less than £20K even when including all the travel costs etc - a good game to play, pity exchange rates and other things have messed that up. One thing though, car prices have dropped massively over time especially wrt average earnings, my 1992 VX Cav GSI 2000 4X4 was listed as being £20K in 1992, I bought it at 6 months old for £15K. Given the opportunity to import again with some savings, I'd jump at it as you get treated as a customer by professional sales people who know their products.

Plane ticket booked, luckily stopping off for the night in Edinburgh with friends to break up the trip

Reactions: Chop., MattS5, scotty76 and 1 other person
You'll love it, i got mine on Monday and I've put almost 1000 miles on it already! and i don't have to commute in it! just can't help driving it around

Well how did the trip South go, I'd think that you would have found snow both North and South of the border, I live over 100 meters above sea level South of Edinburgh and we got enough to be annoying for people encountering, on back roads, vans/cars that did not have winter or otherwise suitable tyres fitted!! Luckily this happened on a steep hill and at a junction where there was a pavement, so there was just enough space for a Polo to squeeze through and to climb onto the pavement, round the corner and back down to avoid two vans that were going do where soon!

Insurance was surprisingly reasonable for me, only £50 more for the year over my a3 1.8t.

Enjoy the drive home tomorrow, try not to lose your license ;)