johnson baby shampoo...

Now thats interesting, especially when they say they get less water marks from it! rickparmar I think you are going to have to be the guinea pig for this! Hey you never know perhaps we could use lynx snakepeel!

lol

ill buy some tonight and have a wash day to mo, if am not busy

but if any body else tries it let us know with some pics :)

You can use it because its PH neutral which is good for paintwork.

Ive used Lynx shower gel on mine in the past and it worked really well.

It did smell nice but I didn't manage to pull any birds with it.

This sounds like something to try over the weekend especially as I've run out of Meguires. Ill pop in tesco on the way home from work i think.

Jaywoo_A3 said:
This sounds like something to try over the weekend especially as I've run out of Meguires. Ill pop in tesco on the way home from work i think.

and the tt lads are saying its special offer at tesco's ;)

OMG, you're all joking now aren't you? you can't just use shampoo, you'll have to put conditioner on aswell.

before everyone goes buys it

check if its shampoo or baby bath one

Ming Blue said:
OMG, you're all joking now aren't you? you can't just use shampoo, you'll have to put conditioner on aswell.

Don't take two bottles to the car, use Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner!

...So do you have to Talcum-Powder your tail-pipes when you've used the baby bath?

Seriously though, I've heard of using some unusual things to clean the car, but this is a new one one me! Who first tried it, and what possessed them?

I'm tempted to give it a go, but I don't think I'll get rid of my Autoglym/Meguiars just yet...

Regards,

Rob

Haha, why waste time with 2 bottles, can you not just wash n go????

Oh my lord, does it leave the body work feeling all nice and soft?! To be honest im not surprised this is being discussed on the TT forum, Marriedblonde reminded me a little while back about the Top Gear episode when Clarkson was getting all dressed up "in the right gear" just to drive the 3.2 TT when that came out!! Its OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so true!!!

I'm torn. Ha;f of me just wants to curl up in a ball laughing until it hurts. The other half of me wants to pop out to Sainsbury's to buy a bottle and try it out

ive bought a bottle, might try it out tomorrow depending on the weather! :cool:

a3emma said:
ive bought a bottle, might try it out tomorrow depending on the weather! :cool:

Use it on your hair, it'll do a much better job on that!!

On a serious note though, i'd really really advise you dont do this unless you've got the time to apply a couple of layers of wax to your car afterwards. Using a grease removing soap like shampoo will strip the car of any greasy waxy residue protecting the paint surface. Normal car shampoo dosent do this and in most cases contain a waxy element to leave a protective layer of sorts still on your paint work. At this time of year with salt on the roads your opening yourself up to paint discolouration and if you've got a few deep stone chips you could even see rust forming.

ok so lets get this right a bunch of hairdressers are using shampoo on their cars ?????

are they treating the wheels to french nails ????