Joey'd Headlights

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw up some pics of the current project, I started these a while ago as it is a long winded process and not one you can rush, they will be finished over the next couple of days and then all that's left to do is to remove the genuine Valeo ballasts and bulbs I have from a pair of S4 headlights I have and fit these into these ones, hopefully that will be a straight forward job, and away we go!

Image Image

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 205
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 182
Nice work Matt, I'm running out of excuses now then if you've done yours!

It's one of those mods that can't be rushed, these have been in progress for a while now and I have done bits when I've had the time, as said the next step is to put annothe bead of mastic around them to make sure they keep the moisture out and strip the S4 lights down and get the ballasts and bulbs changed over hope to have it all done by Xmas.
James the next time I see your car I will expect to see them done
!!

I was wondering whats the best way to pry open the headlight covers without breaking the actual clear plastic.

I was wondering whats the best way to pry open the headlight covers without breaking the actual clear plastic.

I used a heat gun, pry tool/screwdriver and slowly worked my way around. I thought it was going quite well when I got the first lens off, until I checked the time and three hours had gone by!

I used a heat gun, pry tool/screwdriver and slowly worked my way around.

That is not the best way, it is the ONLY way you are going to do it, I have heard of people cooking them in the oven to loosen the seals but the heat gun method you are in control, you will need all of the above and a bucket full of patience, but a mod worth doing.

The guy who did the mod first on a mk3 Golf I think and did a guide..........since then its been nick named the joey mod

oven every time for me
so easy that way