1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job Titles and Insurance?

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Sky Insurance' started by JudderMan, Jan 16, 2013.

1. JudderMan

JudderMan Active Member

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/rs4-fo...rs4-insurance-younger-driver.html#post1761638

As per the above post. I'd like to know what's classed as a less-risky job title. I'm self employed and work from home or remotely. I don't commute and only visit clients a couple of times a month. So my car is sat outside most of the time and I'm paying £1400 for my A3. I haven't had a car for the past 4 years (living abroad) but prior to that (Jul 2008) I had 4 years' NCB, which I believe can't be carried over my most recent insurance (Jul 2012)? Correct?

29 year old, no claims/accidents, no NCB (unless the above is wrong), pretty poor post code NE33 I do believe even though it's safe as houses round here.

Now then, I put my job title as marketing manager or marketing consultant (can't remember) which I assume isn't the best title. I could put anything as I run the company and do everything.

What's the best job title to lower premiums then? I'm due for renewal in May.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

Why don't you just pick a few that reflects your job, then get a quote with them, it's easy to update details and update price. I run a take away, but I use Fast Food Proprietor.

4. JudderMan

JudderMan Active Member

True true. I always find calling them up usually gets better prices than online these days.

5. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

I find that calling is cheaper for modified cars, as you need to declare the mods, but for standard cars, gocompare and moneysupermarket are better for standard cars.

6. Tim@Prestige

Tim@Prestige Member

We don't load for occupations on our insurance scheme so no problem with us :)

7. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)
    Audi Sport Owner Group Team Silver Audi S3

Moneysavingexpert.com has a tool on it that works out what is the best title to use when quoting for insurance.

8. JudderMan

JudderMan Active Member

Really? I've been using that a fair bit to check on prices but it doesn't seem to make any difference it seems. Must just be no NCB or my area that is causing absolutely cack results.