Job Interview!

Dazmo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Need a little advice, i have a massive Job Interview Friday and its something that could literally change my life.As a result im sh****g bricks.

I need tips on what i should eat or drink beforehand to stimulate my mind, any ideas of questions to ask etc etc.

Im usually quite good in interviews but im not so confident with this one.

cheers All.

just nothing thats gonna screw up ur stomach. u dont wanna be too full either as ull get tired. if u have a coffee take some mints. dont wanna shaky though so take it easy on the caffiene. Just be yourself and dont get nervous if possible. Remember theyre just people like you. Last of all GOOD LUCK mate

I noticed a good strong handshake goes down well, not to strong though. Dry, strong handhake. None of this limp wristed damp palm crap.

Following on from what Dave said. Try not to eat or drink any thing that will cause you to sugar crash or need the loo half way through.

I tend to drift off when i'm in interviews, meetings, pressentations or training (Unless my attention is kept I go to sleep) and taking small sips of water help keeps me awake and stops my mouth from drying out.

Not sure if this ill help you but its worth a go.

Good luck buddy.

P.S. If your future boss is canadian, don't ask him what part of the states he is from and then say "well, you all sound the same to me". He really did not like that. :)

Good luck with it mate, cant help with any advice as i dont think ive ever had a serious interview in my life!

oh if they offer u water etc take it. it shows confidence believe it or not and if they ask u a question u need to think about rather than going errrrrr u can take a sip of water whilst u think

Usually I'd just say be yourself. But in your case I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Good luck anyway, you'll need it.

:thumbsup:

I'd add to spend some time to prepare. It's amazing how when you interview people, they still know sod all about the company they supposedly want to join!

Get checking online, look at previous company accounts to get some useful titbits, ask any possible mates / colleagues who might know something about this new company.

Then ask a few questions about the place based on those facts you've got. It'll make them at least realise you've done your homework.

Then just try to chill a bit & get the job!

Eat light and have caffeine as already said,as for which questions to ask it depends on what the job entails/whom it is for.
I would say that as you are being interviewed then your CV must of showed them that your suitable for the job so be confident in that,this sounds arrogant but nearly all of my interviews have resulted in job offers,I get a trim and wear my best suit so turn up immaculate and brush up on any questions that may be fired at me and also try and get insider info which will help you no end.
Good luck Daz

Usually I'd just say be yourself. But in your case I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Good luck anyway, you'll need it.

:thumbsup:

Aww Cheers mate,

Coming from someone im suprised has a job ill take that as a compliment.

If all goes well ill be posting in the RS4 forum soon and will see you in my rear view.:p

Last edited:
good hydration is your friend here. i used to neck a bottle of lucozade sport before all my exams in med school. it helps keep you alert. (there's a half price offer on four-packs of powerade at Tesco atm if that helps.) as others have said, caffeine will help. depending on what time of day the interview is, make sure you have a good breakfast or lunch with complex carbohydrates and plenty of protein. that'll help keep you going for long periods! other than that, chillax and best of luck!

The right amount of eye contact, positive thinking, smile, within reason acknowledge other people in the building (interviewers might hear people say you seemed nice), research the company it will give you an understanding and feel more confidence. Have your questions ready and try to think of a few lateral ones that other interviewees wont have asked.
Good luck, and if it doesnt happen this time, its not meant to be but who knows whats round the corner......................

I should point out its an internal inteview with the company i currently work for.

I know one of the interviewers as i send him my work on a regular basis for checking etc! and its his job he is interviewing for.

Then if its same company then I fail to see why you're crapping it, surely you're in the interview for a very good reason, be yourself, confident, the person they know, hence why you're sitting in front of them & I'm sure you'll be fine.

Take it in your stride & dont panic, changing your habits now, would maybe have a detrimental effect on your stomach etc, as body maybe not used to extreme changes aswell as nervousness that does effect you when the time comes.

Chill out mate, its perfectly normal to be a little nervous, natural human emotion.

All I can help with is that this is what NOT to do:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dazmo, is it likely to be a structured type of interview? If so make sure you prep for it.

Otherwise, sound advice above. Always try and think of at least 3 questions you can ask them that aren't the obvious ones and aren't ones which with a bit of digging you could have answered yourself.

At the end of an interview when asked "Do you have any question you'd like to ask? " say..............

"When do I start? "

FTW!!!