1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jinky Johnston the greatest ever celt!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fallmonk, Mar 13, 2006.

1. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Mar 13, 2006]
    Just a thought a i post a topic on the sad news of jimmy johnston who was recently voted the greatest ever celtic player , part of the European cup winning team (1st ever in the UK) died today aged 61,
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gifJimmy Johnstone, Celtic's greatest ever player, has died at age 61 after a long illness.

Fellow Lisbon Lion and captain of the greatest team in Celtic’s history, Billy McNeill, spoke movingly about his former team-mate.

“Jimmy was a lovely wee man and was a team-mate and a friend to all of us for over 40 years," he said. "I was lucky enough to play alongside him and see him in his prime but I have as much respect for him as a man and the courageous way in which he handled his illness as I have for him as a footballer.

http://www.celticfc.net/
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 13, 2006]
    I saw that today, & was saddened. I was 5 when Celtic won the European Cup, and after reading all about it in my brother's Christmas soccer annual, I'm afraid I succumbed to the temptation of glory-hunting and became the youngest (the only) Celtic fan in my East Sussex infants school.

We've lost a few good 'uns lately, on all sides of the border.
  4. DaveACQ20v

DaveACQ20v Member

[Mar 13, 2006]
    RIP
  5. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Mar 19, 2006]
    Just watched the "Jinky final" 3-0 to celtic , great game but even better it was in the wee mans honour, funeral was on friday over 20,000 on the streets to pay there respects , was also good to c there was loads of rangers scaffs and some of the rangers players/managers (old and present) went to his funeral ,