Jim's Black B6 Avant

Good post fella (Y)

Cheers Pork

So I spaced the rear out a bit this evening, but I think I'm going to go for another 5mm extra I just want to get it lowered first to make sure I have the room.

Also this happened

Much prefer the feel of a perforated wheel, you get far better grip.

It's a simple enough job, just slightly different to the Mk4 platform
There are two torx30 screws on the back of the wheel that hold the airbag on

Then you need to unclip the airbag loom from the SAS to give yourself some more movement which you do by pushing the clip down on the yellow block

Next you need to unclip the loom from the airbag which you do by popping the yellow part upwards out of the purple block to unlock it, then you just pull it up and off the airbag.

Then it's just a case of removing the centre nut with an m12 spline bit then carefully removing the wheel without knocking the SAS.
Then just work in reverse to fit the new one.

It was dark when I had finished so the pics are a bit gash, I will get a better pic of the wheel in the daytime.

Wheel looks awesome did you put the cruise in? Nice wheel that im looking at a b7 one but worried about the single stage airbag

No mate it turned out the stalk I found had been mislabeled as an A4 stalk, but it was an A6 stalk. I was unsure if they were compatible, or not so I just sent it back for a full refund.
I believe you can get around the airbag issue with some wiring, but it's not something I would know, or want to mess with myself tbh.

Cheers mate

Threads like this really helped me out ten years ago when I had my Mk4 and knew nothing about them, so I try to cover everything I do in as much detail as possible.

Reactions: barkclark
Jim is that steering wheel off a B6? Didn't know they existing without the S-Line badge. Will be looking out for one of them for sure.

It was removed from a 2002 B6 being broken although the date stamp inside is 2004 , so who knows what it's come off originally mate. As far as I know they never made an S-line B6, but they normally have an S4 badge, or similar in the bottom.
The only thing I can think it could be off is a cab as I parked next to a B6 cab a few weeks ago that had a perforated steering wheel, but I didn't look to see if it had a badge or not.

This is a quality thread.
It has made me even more eager to do mine, Can't wait for me bits to come.
Very new owner (2days) of a 03 B6 avant quattro in black 130bhp, will post a thread once I have something to talk bout lol

Cheers ruffrida, what bits have you got coming?

Just accidentally bagged another eBay bargain, I really need to stay off there ha ha

Also I got royally wasted at my sister in laws engagement party on Saturday night from which I have only just recovered, so I never got around to doing anything over the weekend other than fitting the Heko's today

Make sure u buy one for the estate else u can't use rear wiper ;) iv got one and the wire to earth out the plug but iv just not got time to fit it or change the setting as iv only got vcds lite :(

Yeah it's from an Avant mate, I just need to get a wire to cancel the washer fluid message now.

£40-£50 while I've been looking

Bargain then! I seen one for sale in the parts section on here but it's for a saloon! How come saloon / avant variants aren't compatible, I would have thought the parts were exactly the same!

The saloon doesn't have a rear wiper which means if you fit it to the Avant the rear wiper becomes redundant. If you don't use it then you could fit a saloon one, and dewiper at the same time.

Look like ya got ya self another bargain there. Had to find them stalks, took me ages find a good one when I had me 8L.

As for bits on order;
Wind deflectors
-30mm springs
19”RS6 wheels
100w zenon main,side & fog bulbs
Clutch & flywheel
Service kit - fuel,air,pollen,oil
Led number plate bulbs

It's going be like Christmas in March lol. Will be gettin a thread up once I start, and find the time lol

That's a fair sized list that mate, sounds good. Out of interest what number plate lights did you order? I've been looking at THESE

Also I assume your from Wigan going off your sig, if so have a look at THIS site as it's a local one. It's for the whole VAG group rather than just Audi's so there isn't a great deal of info for our cars, but it's a nice friendly site.

I use the same username on there as I do on here so you can say I mentioned it to you if you decide to join the site.

That's a fair sized list that mate, sounds good. Out of interest what number plate lights did you order? I've been looking at THESE

Also I assume your from Wigan going off your sig, if so have a look at THIS site as it's a local one. It's for the whole VAG group rather than just Audi's so there isn't a great deal of info for our cars, but it's a nice friendly site.

I use the same username on there as I do on here so you can say I mentioned it to you if you decide to join the site.

Er yeh, lets just say the Mrs aint to happy at the moment, lol.

I have ordered these 2X LED Interior Festoon Bulb 39mm XENON WHITE (C5W) 264 | eBay for me number plate, had them in me 8L, look really good, well they did in that anyway.

A few bits arrived yesterday, just counting the days till the weekend so i can fit it all.

Ya defo guessed right there Jim, not a true pie eater, originally from Rotherham, but lived all over the NW since i was 6. That site looks good, just waitng for me registration email to come back, i have used the same user name aswel, pretty much do for all forums really!!

Got their first public show this year too at worden park in leyland, that reminds me I need to stick it in the NW shows thread.