Jibber Jabba

One guy has done this,the kit is built for a seat ibiza and alot of fabrication is needed for the s3 fitment.If you want a big turbo kit ,try jbs they are doing one now for the s3 using a gt28rs hybrid.

it is too good to be true - in so much as the s3 kit has been in development for years - and its the last one they are going to do

i asked - they wont do me a one-off fabrication cos they are too busy doing 2wd cars - thats why i went with mtm in the end.

you can do it yourself with their turbo/manifold kit if you are prepared to get a custom downpipe and oil and water lines made up, then go to amd or somewhere to get a custom map

jabba cant remap a vvt s3 at the moment either which makes things even more difficult

[ QUOTE ]
jabba cant remap a vvt s3 at the moment either which makes things even more difficult

[/ QUOTE ]

Re VVT do you mean for IHI kit only as they can map VVT 225 S3/TTs right?

Dunc

Why would they have a problem with vvt models,well technically that should be electrically operated vvt as all s3's have vvt.

This is a good thread guys, keep it up.

When I sell my house I want a 5 second 0-60 car that is as fun to drive as the S3 - My M3 was nice - but I could never find myself trusting a car that could accelerate like the M3 at 130 MPH and be rear wheel drive.

Having just watched layer cake, the RS6 is looking like a good alternative - but £40-£70k - no f'ing way!

a 350Bph S3 that will rev to 7200 (still pulling) sounds good!

jabba tell me they cant modify the codes for the vvt yet - if you have a remap thats not a problem cos they leave the vvt timing alone, but for a big turbo conversion they would like to be able to change the vvt codes to get the most out of the engine

So you would have to have the Jabba stuff fitted and then take your car to AmD to make it all work properly?

I'd go with the jbs kit,everything is done in house.

deadeye; Go for a mitsubishi evo 5/6 .There's lots running 350bhp/350lb/t and there fairly resonable.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd go with the jbs kit,everything is done in house.

deadeye; Go for a mitsubishi evo 5/6 .There's lots running 350bhp/350lb/t and there fairly resonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your point but lets face it, they all look like they crashed into the same halfords window - everything has just stuck to it!

if i was gonna do the Jap thing again, i would have another Skyline GTR.

i looked at this extensively but neither amd nor jabba could give me a complete price/time to do a custom install of an ihi turbo for my s3.

mtm were the only off-the-shelf solution and it can be fitted in 2 days

if you want a diy job, the jabba kit is excellent, you could get them to fit the turbo kit and then get a custom downpipe (you will have to take the car on a trailer) and then go to amd or someone for a complete custom remap.

Why go to all the hassle when you can get the jbs kit,it's cheaper aswell.

[ QUOTE ]
Why go to all the hassle when you can get the jbs kit,it's cheaper aswell.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm also a fan of JBS's work it's not at all proven on ANY car yet, let alone an S3.

Cheers,
Adam

I would say they have proven themselves to me. They were about the first in the UK to fit a R32 engine MK2 golf.

And they are puttin 1.8T's in Lupo's!!

The only problem with JBS is that you would have to get the car setup else where as there RR is 2WD.

Whats the cost of the JBS kit and what figures are they predicting?

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]
i looked at this extensively but neither amd nor jabba could give me a complete price/time to do a custom install of an ihi turbo for my s3.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was at AmD having my remap done, they told me it would be about £6k for IHI turbo, big manifold, bigger injecters, cats and exhaust. Was quite confident of £350+ BHP. Any more required new con rods etc...