Jetex, BMC, What other filters with Badger 5 TIP in Black & Red?

supreme

Reaction score
Hi

I used the search but can only find Jetex or BMC filters fitted

Ihave a Badger 5 TIP fitted and I fitted an OEM s2000 paper filter thanks to some research by a friend. It fitted well and the 'tail' on the end allows it to be slotted into the wing bracket for the stock box. As can be seen, problem is....

IMG-20120411-00418.jpg

....Although it fits well, is nice and secure and is black and red so matched the engine cover, it is a little restrictive as some rolling road tweaks proved.

Therefore I am looking for a black and red dry foam filter and wondered if anyone had any recomendations. The only S2000 dry foam filter I can find with the 'tail' is a Spoon item but it only comes in yellow and is very expensive. So I accept I will probably have to use a heat shield or bracket and a more universal filter.

Anyone recommend a black/red dry filter?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Thanks Tufty

I was always led to believe that K&N's clogged MAFs because of the way they were oiled?

Thanks

Alex

All filters are lightly oiled... depends how ham fisted you are with the spray :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: supreme
I personally dont trust foam filters (particularly dry ones) for stopping dust
None of them I have ever used have "filtered" dust over the long term resulting in a "gritty" inlet which is seriously bad for everything downstream

lightly coated cotton gauze filters work fine.. Over oiled filters can of course allow their oil to be drawn over the maf, but most filters I have seen dont over oil.. customer however when cleaning DO.

Reactions: supreme