jeeez this car cost me some money this year!!

Jay-a3

Reaction score
Soooo today my a3 failed its mot because the headlight adjuster couldnt be adjusted because the white screw cap is missing.
Bit lame really and holiday coming up next week I need this sorting asap. They told me I need a new headlight but surely you can buy them white screw adjusters? :( money money all the time at the minute, any advice welcome lads.
Cheers

Reaaaaaaaallllllllly.

A headlight...

They're £30 at a breakers.

That is a big problem... :sob:

My fecker has cost me over 2k a year on repairs over the last four years! Lol

Reactions: Jay-a3
mines cost £0 (apart from general maintenance) in the last 2.5 years :)

Reactions: 16Klappe
£4-5 grand in the last 3 years just on maintenance and repairs, no Mods included.

Ergo; can't afford a headlight. Can't afford an Audi.

Sorry but it is rather true.

Hahaha... If I added mine up I think I would actually bork....lol And you are twistin about a headlight.... Quality....

Okk well sounds like ur all very proud of spending thousands of pounds fixing ur cars, fair doos. Nothin to brag about realy tho is it? Was only askin for advice not for a financial debate on whos spent the most. And I actually can afford a headlight,,,, just not with the bulbs ;)

Okk well sounds like ur all very proud of spending thousands of pounds fixing ur cars, fair doos. Nothin to brag about realy tho is it? Was only askin for advice not for a financial debate on whos spent the most. And I actually can afford a headlight,,,, just not with the bulbs ;)
Hahaha..... Quality....

How much have u been spending on urs clap?

No bragging here, i'd rather say I haven't spent a penny on it alas I have had to spend thousands to keep it roadworthy, just the way it is.

I fixed my headlight by replacing the white screw with a lock nut :)

Reactions: 16Klappe and Jay-a3
How much have u been spending on urs clap?

It's Klappe; which is German for valve. By the way.

Since December I have had;

A new reconditioned head
Water pump
Cambelt
All tensioners
Head gasket
Turbo to manifold gasket
New engine mounts
New plugs
New MAP
New MAP
New coilpacks
Oil filter and oils
Two dump 710N's
A front mount intercooler
A Miltek
A 2.5" centre section
VR6 cluth
ABF flywheel
Polybush lower arm front bushes
Polybush lower arm rear bushes
Polybush rear dogbone mount
Polybush front dogbone mount
Powerflex rear beam mounts
Powerflex steering rack bush
Powerflex center exhaust mounts
LCR steering rack
Thermostat
Coldside DV relocation
TT Pedals
RS4 steering wheel
S3 Recaros
Boost gauge
Boost gauge pod
Road Angel
New center console
New front bumper
New center caps
New grill
New lower bumper
Custom map

All in the last 6 months.

So quit your moaning and go buy a new set of lights haha! :beeerchug:

I've got a set you can buy, facelift black angel eyes.

I'm with the above; I'd rather have not spent a penny. But that's not the way it works.

Last edited:
I posted on a headlight repair thread on the forum somewhere, there's a company that can supply generic plastic bevel gears that can be pushed on to replace the broken ones ...

Reactions: 16Klappe