1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JBS copy??

Rice Jul 8, 2013

1. Rice

Rice Active Member

Anyone fitted one of these? Tempted, but it seems likely to be a cheap Chinese copy of the jbs manifold....

http://bit.ly/12fPCGG

2. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

fit this and enjoy misfires on cyl #2 from the overly restrictive collector and runners #1,#2 sharing the small exit into collector

;)

3. JimS3

JimS3 Active Member

4. Rice

Rice Active Member

Ah yeah jim how did you get on with fitting it? Was it a straight fit? Did you do it with the head on or off?

5. badger5

LOL

I am "well aware" of this :p ;)

Origin is same factory in CN... who seem to be selling the same manifold less the logo... to anyone who pays for them.
    I can only imagine jbs would be narked at this.. BUT the manifold as supplied causes misfires on #2 cyl..
    mucho reworking of the collector area helps fix this. Warning-the material is effing hard!

6. JimS3

JimS3 Active Member

Not yet, I have decided to go hybrid turbo and am currently rebuilding a large port AEB head, will install the manifold on this and drop it all on together and put some IE rods in at the same time.

Have you mapped a car with a ported JBS?

Just wondering if it will be ok with a hybrid K04 and AEB head. Hoping to get the car to you for some mapping later this year!

7. russwuss

russwuss Active Member

6th picture even has JBS logo on, I'm sure they are not going to be happy......... they were £450 from JBS when I was looking round for a new manifold.

8. badger5

ChinaFold as its called over on vortex.
    testing is due shortly on hybrid
    results to be discovered