1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JBL sub and amp package

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Joni Honki, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Joni Honki

Joni Honki Hey up!

2. jjmurphy21187

jjmurphy21187 Tiptronic

For £90 with everything you need to wire it up that's not too bad. Had a budget JBL sub in the past, it did the job to be fair. But for £90 including an amp and wiring kit I wouldn't expect anything in the way of SQ. Also, the amp seems a bit underpowered for the sub... if the sub's power handling figures are genuine.

How are you going to secure the tube in the boot?
  3. Joni Honki

Joni Honki Hey up!

I'm not a "jungle is massive" fan so massive bass is not what I wanted,that's why I opted for this package. I just wanted more oomph than the pathetic factory sub.

2 options of what to put it, might strap it up under rear shelf, (it's not too heavy), or just strap it down along the rear seat/ lower boot floor. As you know the boots are massive so space is ample.

I will post some pics when complete, (it's not going to be show winning install!) and let you know how it sounds! Fingers crossed, should sound ok!
  4. jjmurphy21187

jjmurphy21187 Tiptronic

Budget installs are all about getting the job done for the best price. It'll definately add the lacking low end!

With a bit of luck the end of the tube without the sub in might be the right size to mount the amp on it, saving you a bix moe space and keeping it out of the way.

Looking forward to soem pics and a review of it when you're finished! How are you taking a feed for the amp btw? Hi-Low Converter??
  5. Joni Honki

Joni Honki Hey up!

Hope so!!

And yes , using a converter. Good idea about mounting amp!!

Keep you posted!!!
  6. Joni Honki

Joni Honki Hey up!

All fitted, sounds really good, very impressed, just what I wanted, nice and punchy bass. Took about 5 hours to fit, and a few coffee's!

Pics to follow when photo stream wakes up!
  7. Joni Honki

Joni Honki Hey up!

Here's some pics, just wanted the install neat and functional.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. jjmurphy21187

jjmurphy21187 Tiptronic

Nicely done!

Did you put an MDF backing against the bulkhead for the amp or just attach it straigh on? I couldn't get at my amp when I fitted mine, apparently it's really inaccessible in a cab due to the movable roof compartment. Ended up putting the Hi-Low converter behing the HU and running a long RCA to the boot.
  9. Joni Honki

Joni Honki Hey up!

Thanks!

I attached the amp straight to the rear panel (it's tough enough!), and the only lead from the front was a battery feed. It did take me a few hours but I wanted it fairly need and tidy, and all the wiring is run securely.

The only bad thing is I have found an S4 for sale I have took a shine to, mine might be going up for sale!!!

Any takers?