Facelift Jassy's Discussion/Build/Wait Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon Thread

My S3 always had bum shaped sagged seats, two loose baggy sections in the base and I hate a photo of the car like it in the showroom!
Audi brought out a chart showing some horribly worn leather, stating mine was perfect and as expected because leather is a "natural" product.

Below photos are at two weeks old.
cb9512f91434df6a764704188b3e2c05.jpg

2e5de286912a949939bdda642a6997af.jpg

5 months old
3ffcb61af2a73b6b630b5814d665b46d.jpg

11 months old
bf29f1b104bfda57628261f1012603aa.jpg
Just having the embossed S is ****** annoying as well - Penny pinchers that Audi have become - S3 should have S3 emblems etc

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn and AudiNutta
Happy Birthday ya ole git :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Aye 55....Still don't look or Feel it.....Aye dayz like the day....went and visited me dad and said hello,first l had driven me car since Sunday.....ye open the door and it still smells like new.....Love that smell priceless it still looks and feels like a ME car,it was sunny up here in Polar bear land and l checked out the paint work....there is some swirls and marring....all done by the dealer:whip:, got to get it detailed in the new year,but think l am just to get the paint correction done,no ceramic coating for me by a detailer...£££££,just going to start buying paint correction tools....then ceramic coat it myself come the summer.... Took a photo at the Graveyard again car wasn't that clean and my phone camera still doesn't capture the colour as it is a bit more bluey to the eye in person
DSC 0107

Reactions: NevMan, Rob2k68, Pinky1959 and 5 others
Well, you are getting close to that age when you go Aw Sh*te not another candle day.
Enjoy your day mate but please no buds, enjoy a decent brew.
Also, nice photo.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Well, you are getting close to that age when you go Aw Sh*te not another candle day.
Enjoy your day mate but please no buds, enjoy a decent brew.
Also, nice photo.

Enlighten me on decent brews....lol l dont drink much now at all...just on the weekends and even then its only 4 pints cans....aye you'll remember what a pint is.....lol since you Canadians....adopted Le Francais metric system.....way back

Reactions: Rob2k68
Enlighten me on decent brews....lol l dont drink much now at all...just on the weekends and even then its only 4 pints cans....aye you'll remember what a pint is.....lol since you Canadians....adopted Le Francais metric system.....way back

A pint of heavy...those days are long gone and at two shillings a pint @ the Subway bar in Kinning Park!!! Just watery lager now, there are still some decent brews to be had by small independent breweries.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Happy Birthday @jassyo06

Another year on the clock, but still enjoying the “thrill of driving”....(EVO quote!)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Mark_86
A pint of heavy...those days are long gone and at two shillings a pint @ the Subway bar in Kinning Park!!! Just watery lager now, there are still some decent brews to be had by small independent breweries.

Back in the 80's awe ma mates where Pint of Heavy drinkers....not Heavy drinkers though....lol.......l was more of a womaniser than a drinker....lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Flying Scotsman
Happy birthday (belated)
ye old haggis..lol
200_s.gif

Reactions: Rob2k68, Sandra, MattSedg and 2 others
Happy birthday (belated)
ye old haggis..lol
200_s.gif

Cheers Pal....seeing ye back on here really does bring a smile on a ma Scottish boat race.....keep coming back we miss ya,me and @Sandra yer cyber Burd where just talkin aboot you and Simon the Pie man.......not the one ye would eat ....well ye could and would want....TOO......But.....its got legs attached.....lol.....anyways.... Wingman/Rambolina.....lol when ye gonna get rid of that wedding car...lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Sandra and pburv
Cheers Pal....seeing ye back on here really does bring a smile on a ma Scottish boat race.....keep coming back we miss ya,me and @Sandra yer cyber Burd where just talkin aboot you and Simon the Pie man.......not the one ye would eat ....well ye could and would want....TOO......But.....its got legs attached.....lol.....anyways.... Wingman/Rambolina.....lol when ye gonna get rid of that wedding car...lol
:sign omg: Anyone translate ^ ? :sos::help:
lol

Reactions: azibux1, Rob2k68, SPIKE_ and 3 others
Hi mate.
You can keep your weird pie fantasies to yourself haha
Sooo tempted to get rid of the old limo.My new pastime requires a 4x4 as going up and down a slate quarry track aint doing my S3 any favours at all (poor thing:crying:).been looking at q5's and q3's but I know I will miss the power so haven't taken the plunge...can't afford an Sq5 so have been thinking of a RSQ3 used..What do you think?
So how is everyone on the forum? Hope you are all ok.Especially @Sandra ..:wub: lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Sandra, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Hi mate.
Sooo tempted to get rid of the old limo.My new pastime requires a 4x4 as going up and down a slate quarry track aint doing my S3 any favours at all (poor thing:crying:).been looking at q5's and q3's but I know I will miss the power so haven't taken the plunge...can't afford an Sq5 so have been thinking of a RSQ3 used..What do you think?
So how is everyone on the forum? Hope you are all ok.Especially @Sandra ..:wub: lol

Oor.... @Sandra Dee....Has Been heartbroken since you and @Simon L aka... Zucko....Shot the Craw..... aff here....lol Great deals on a A3 Black Edition Quattro mate

Reactions: Rob2k68, Sandra and pburv
Oor.... @Sandra Dee....Has Been heartbroken since you and @Simon L aka... Zucko....Shot the Craw..... aff here....lol Great deals on a A3 Black Edition Quattro mate
Needs to be a 4x4 with a bit of ground clearance mate....Had a look at all the manufacturers have to offer and at the end of the day always end up looking at Audi's...So it will be either a q3 or q5 in petrol and of course s tronic:yes:
Having decent power is important to me so will be considering a used RSQ3

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Tom.H
so have been thinking of a RSQ3 used..What do you think?
Defo a great idea....drove past one today and they do look great. It is also a car that is well thought of in the motor press.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and pburv
Hi mate.
Hi Paul. Hope you are well. I was talking to our Jassy about you today. Was saying I hadn’t seen you or Simon around recently. Good to see you on. :) xx

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and pburv
Defo a great idea....drove past one today and they do look great. It is also a car that is well thought of in the motor press.
Cheers mate...It's a bit of a 'marmite' car I think.Can't get over why they don't fit twin exhausts as standard.
I prefer the look and size of the q5 over the q3 but I know I would miss the power of my S3 but the rsq3 has the power but lacks the size...Oh well real world problems lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Hi Paul. Hope you are well. I was talking to our Jassy about you today. Was saying I hadn’t seen you or Simon around recently. Good to see you on. :) xx
Hi sandra.
I am doing well thanks...Sorry i haven't been on for a while.
You got your TTRS yet??

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Ouch !! My current motor was 41 with best part of 8k of extras but to replace it with a FL of the spec I wanted to make it different enough came in at 45k. The R is 39 but with a larger dealer deposit contribution, larger discount (carwow) and a higher px on my car plus less insurance means I’m about £80 a month better off than a FL S3 and not in that silly car tax bracket so I thought why not have a change and see what the fuss is about an all the x Vs y threads.

@Rob2k68 Are you not in 'silly car tax bracket' anyway due to RRP north of the £4ok mark?

@Rob2k68 Are you not in 'silly car tax bracket' anyway due to RRP north of the £4ok mark?

I would be today yes but that was a March 2015 car.

The R retail price just crept in below the threshold by £650.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Snake Pliskin, Audi Bairn and 2 others
I would be today yes but that was a March 2015 car.

The R retail price just crept in below the threshold by £650.

Nice! I have just gone from “sensible” A6 avant with £30 road tax, to Q5 @ £450+.....<sigh> not very good at staying sensible for long

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Rob2k68
Howz is things going ya turncoat lol

LoL I’m good mate thanks - how are things with you ?

Keeping the voodoo looking pristine I hope - did I read that you’re getting a ceramic coating put on it ?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
LoL I’m good mate thanks - how are things with you ?

Keeping the voodoo looking pristine I hope - did I read that you’re getting a ceramic coating put on it ?

Am just plodding away as usual mate of on holiday in a few weeks ,yeah might do a ceramic undecided yet it's been sitting in the house since January cost me £200

Reactions: Rob2k68 and NevMan
Nice! I have just gone from “sensible” A6 avant with £30 road tax, to Q5 @ £450+.....<sigh> not very good at staying sensible for long
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm the same as you, Q5man, as I went from my A3 1.4 COD saloon at £20 per year road tax, to my 2018 Q5 2.0 TFSI at £450+.....but, IMHO, the Q5 is worth it, as it's a far nicer car than my A3.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
I'm the same as you, Q5man, as I went from my A3 1.4 COD saloon at £20 per year road tax, to my 2018 Q5 2.0 TFSI at £450+.....but, IMHO, the Q5 is worth it, as it's a far nicer car than my A3.

Haha, agree, loving the Q5 and it’s refinement especially over last model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jassy where are you off to for a wet and cold holiday. I am also off on holiday in early May, to sunny Scotland!!!:blink:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
Thread revival alert! After 32 pages I was wary about what I was going to be reading now.....had @jassyo06 started to debate the colour of his next car!

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, MattSedg and 3 others
Thread revival alert! After 32 pages as I wary about what I was going to be reading now.....had @jassyo06 started to debate the colour of his next car!

It's always on my mind what the next colour of car that l am going to get lol BMW only give the choice of a individual paint on models that are either not suitable or they're too expensive for me, Audi offer exclusive paints on all of their cars, will probably try and pull one out of virtually nowhere again that's rare, very difficult l think but l will keep a keen ear to the ground and also keep it to myself this time around as a few have copied me through forum whispers lol
Also new exclusive paints don't get introduced/approved that often, also some lamborghini colours are filtering through to BMW and Audi but rest assured it will be bold and loud lol
Aye 32 pages it wasn't easy lol
But l love the colour now since l machine polished it all, still got Gtechniq crystal Serum Light and Gtechniq EXOv3 and a litre of Gtechniq C2v3 hiding in a cardboard box, so can't have this going to waste. ...also l do get a buzz of having a different colour from most Audi's more than l would have had owning Ara Daytona RS3 .... love my S3

Reactions: Rob2k68, MattSedg, SPIKE_ and 2 others
It's always on my mind what the next colour of car that l am going to get lol BMW only give the choice of a individual paint on models that are either not suitable or they're too expensive for me, Audi offer exclusive paints on all of their cars, will probably try and pull one out of virtually nowhere again that's rare, very difficult l think but l will keep a keen ear to the ground and also keep it to myself this time around as a few have copied me through forum whispers lol
Also new exclusive paints don't get introduced/approved that often, also some lamborghini colours are filtering through to BMW and Audi but rest assured it will be bold and loud lol
But l love the colour now since l machine polished it all, still got Gtechniq crystal Serum Light and Gtechniq EXOv3 and a litre of Gtechniq C2v3 hiding in a cardboard box, so can't have this going to waste. ...also l do get a buzz of having a different colour from most Audi's more than l would have had owning Ara Daytona RS3 .... love my S3
Glad to hear your loving your VooDoo S3. It really does look special, and the interior must be a stunning place to take it whilst your driving. Great spec of car :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan, Rob2k68, MattSedg and 1 other person

I missed the page where you machine polished it mate - finally got the DA out LoL - well done It sure makes a massive difference with a spare afternoon and some soft pads with a gentle cut/polish paste.

Glad you’re still enjoying it/her sure is a stunner.

Egypt is it for hols ?

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn