Jardo's 'Journey to quattro' - My Story...

Make it go faster, make it stop better, sort the bodywork out, sell it and buy an Integra.

Basically haha.

Someone say Integra

DSC00147DSC00148

They really are as good as all the stuff you will have read about them. My one had a mugen ecu so revved to 9700 and supposedly had 230/240bhp, i never had it on a dyno but it was **** loads faster than my mates evo 5. And what a noise it made!

I have driven a couple and a good friend of mine owns one, in January I drove it over 100 miles back from Cornwall and I loved it. The engine revving so high is addictive, his was just mapped with a vtec controller but suspension was totally standard and it was so thrashable.

I will probably get one next, whatever I do I will be changing my car by March next year in ine way or another. Just got to earn as much money in September and March as possible :)

Well if you buy one i have a 5zigen manifold and a decat still......even though i sold mine nearly 4 years ago lol.

Reactions: 16Klappe
Love them! Passed up on my mates one about a year ago....
love the raw sound when you plant your foot and handles so well!

I realllly want one, just not sure about the practicality of parking one in my rough as **** street.

The money I would spend buying a DC2 I was happy with could respray the A3 and buy a K04. Hmmmm.

I realllly want one, just not sure about the practicality of parking one in my rough as **** street.

The money I would spend buying a DC2 I was happy with could respray the A3 and buy a K04. Hmmmm.

Yeah they do attract unwanted attention at times. Literally left mine outside my mates old house in a rough area as we walked along to get something from another mates house and by the time we got back (20min tops) my alpine touch screen double din radio thingy had been taken by no doubt some horrible smack head.

Still great cars though but much prefered my jdm one to a uk spec purely for the front end. Also was toying with the idea of taking the rear spoiler off as i always thought there was something behind me lol.

Think a 300bhp a3 would be faster in a straight line though so hmmmm too mr jardo you have some decisions to make.

next year if I don't do my bike test, I will be selling my s3 and buying an Integra, I have liked them for years, I nearly brought 1 a few years ago but brought a series 1 Rs turbo instead (big mistake) I love the raw power! my pal has a stripped out ek9 type r replica, with a b16 engine turbo'd, it ****s all over my s3 its unbelievably fast :racer:

one of the only cars my mrs will change her ST for is a DC5 integra.

As awesome as they are, do you not think within say 6months you'l miss the boost and torque of your A3??? i bet you would! its a quicker car too.
I think the integra is one of those cars everyone has got to have a go of/own at some point in their lives, but to keep, i think the novelty of a screaming engine would wear off as you got used to the power/pace and lack of torque.
Without spending an absolute fortune on them, or turbo'ing one and ruining it, you will always have the same car, and it wouldnt satisfy anyones need for speed for long.

Yeah, totally agree with you.

I just would like to own one to know what it is all about, I have always had German/European cars and would just like a bit of a change once the A3 is sorted.

The plus side of the A3 is that it is totally generic and replicable. At any point in my life I could buy an A3 and make it like this for not a lot of money. Iconic Jap cars are shooting up, so it would be a reasonable time to get in and try one out.

It doesn't mean I am stopping modifying the Audi, I will spend the next year getting it right up to scratch so I can market it as one of the best.

Ordered a new set of center caps from Audi, so I will actually be able to remove my wheels. Fitting the poly top mounts and tacking the exhaust so it sits straight. Whooop for Phil Miller.

one of the only cars my mrs will change her ST for is a DC5 integra.

As awesome as they are, do you not think within say 6months you'l miss the boost and torque of your A3??? i bet you would! its a quicker car too.
I think the integra is one of those cars everyone has got to have a go of/own at some point in their lives, but to keep, i think the novelty of a screaming engine would wear off as you got used to the power/pace and lack of torque.
Without spending an absolute fortune on them, or turbo'ing one and ruining it, you will always have the same car, and it wouldnt satisfy anyones need for speed for long.

There is no doubt an a3 with 300bhp will be faster than even a modified dc2 but i'd say the looks and driving experience will be better in the teg.

Guess it all depends on what he wants to get out of the teg really.

Get in it, turn the key, thrash the tits off it, not have to worry about it blowing up?

Reactions: Jason.s
Honda Vtec's are awesome, sammi and myself have owned 3 BB8 Motegi preludes at one point we had all 3 at the same time!! (Dont Ask) although not an integra but principally the same engine and performance. Great fun and the screaming engine always excites however they aren't that tuneable unless you go turbo/supercharger as said above and the bodywork has a tendency to rust and the interior cloths wont last forever compared to a german mark. The other thing we found was the fuel consumption on them is abysmal even when driven like miss daisy.

For the same money now you can pick up a good R33 Gtst skyline which in my opinion are even more fun to drive being RWD and with only a few simple mods can give 300+bhp. Up until recently we have always had a skyline in our house hold and £'s for smiles they cant be beaten

Unfortunately for me I got my boost addiction from my first modified car, an electric blue Renault 5 GT turbo. I've owned a Clio 182, followed by a 160bhp Lotus Elise, both of which handled better and were more fun then my S3 but I just had to go back to a turbo'd car. Boost is king.

The DC2 and DC5 are both cars that I've looked at buying in the past but I think the DC2 is just a little too old looking for my liking now.

A mate of mine had a 4 door civic type R import in white that looked like a 4 door integra, that was beautiful and a real head turner.

Get in it, turn the key, thrash the tits off it, not have to worry about it blowing up?

Errrr sorry to say but i blew mine up mate. Saying that though i was told it had uprated valve springs and retainers but i'm pretty sure it didn't. The civic i had before it had its head kicked it for 45k and only thing that ever went wrong was a map sensor after i fitted a 70mm throttle body, other than that it was the most reliable car i have ever owned! I then sold it to a mate who knocked a telegraph pole down with it within two weeks :( i loved that car.

Think your talking about the fd2 type r westy, lovely cars and a rare sight on uk roads.

Chris i found both my old b16 civic and the b18 teg to be alot better on fuel than either of my s3's by a long way and especially if not driven in the vtec. Infact i was considering buying a b18 civic estate as my daily and dog wagon :D

Chris i found both my old b16 civic and the b18 teg to be alot better on fuel than either of my s3's by a long way and especially if not driven in the vtec. Infact i was considering buying a b18 civic estate as my daily and dog wagon :D

blimey are S3's that bad on fuel! Our special edition 220bhp B7 is far better than the Hondas ever were. Maybe it's due to them being a 2.2 vtec

My ek9 did 50mph in first gear, most people had changed 3 gears by this point off the lights it was almost unbeatable ! Loved it, miss it, moved on ...... Turbo cars are far more addictive than vtec splitting.

Lol The only difference being jaardo the ek9 had an LSD ....... You know where I'm going this ;-)

Reactions: 16Klappe
blimey are S3's that bad on fuel! Our special edition 220bhp B7 is far better than the Hondas ever were. Maybe it's due to them being a 2.2 vtec

Heavy old lump the h22 compared to the bseries engines mate and yeah these 20vt aren't brilliant on fuel......glad i never bought them for economy lol.

My ek9 did 50mph in first gear, most people had changed 3 gears by this point off the lights it was almost unbeatable ! Loved it, miss it, moved on ...... Turbo cars are far more addictive than vtec splitting.

I personally find VTEC power delivery more addictive, the way the cam comes on song sweeping the rev counter towards the redline and the sound it makes! Turbo cars have a wallop of torque more access able in real world driving, it's useful for overtaking, with VTEC, you need to plan ahead before you go for it, or you look like a ****.

I liked my old Clio, when the dephaser tightened up and it clicked up a notch it was pretty cool.

Who knows, anything could happen.

Didn't get any of the stuff I wanted to get done today done, but did many other cool things.

Went to Phils, who was having a nightmare of a job. The less said about that the better....

Scott came over, which was nice. He came with many food snacks.

I polished my car, as usual.

Phil asked me to go to the local scrap yard in search of a front crash bar and an abs plug. I ended up buying a new immaculate dash cubby hole, all the interior trim and a new climate control panel. All black, all perfect.

I also picked up a full AGU brake servo pipe set.

£31 :)

So I fitted all of that awaiting Phil finishing so we could do a few bits to my motor, but his nightmare job was never ending.

At about 5:15 Phl finished the job he was being paid to do....then as we were driving a certain A3 out of the workshop the front wheels locked up. It had destroyed a CV joint/drive shaft.

Boooooo.

So I bundled Phil into the car, drove him at warp factor 7 and totally fell in love with the car again. Boost is great, all running issues, boost fluctuations and all that jazz have gone. So a quick word of advice to people; check your servo pipes for splits!

:)

Blue, robbed loads of bits.

There is an autodimming mirror in it too and the sun visor clips I want. :p

Nope, but we are best mates now because I bought him a cornetto.

Reactions: ScottD3
Theres a few integra's around here. NA and turbo'd the turbo ones are obviously faster but the sound of a well set up NA is awesome.
It would be my first choice for a weekend toy or track car but not a daily realy.
Thats why ive still got the S3... as a daily it works so well.

16Klappe
Certified S3 Slayer

Status Online
Join Date Sep 2008
Posts3,768

£400 posted?

Cheeky I know, but it's all I can afford at the moment.

jaardo going k04 ? :). Sorry k0phwoaaaaaar!

I was JUST going to post in here...

I've been tempted for a while; and Phil is going to R Tech onthe 27th to smash the living **** out of a K04. Niki has promised 320bhp out of his K04 and is certain it will make it.

So my plan is to make the upgrade to K04 and hopefully get the K03 shifted to free up the funds to map it.

So my question would be; what's the most powerful K03 setup worth?

Turbo, intake pipe, manifold, downpipe, decat, all that jazz AND my ECU unlocked with the holy grail K03 map...

*head scratching*

So my question would be; what's the most powerful K03 setup worth?

Turbo, intake pipe, manifold, downpipe, decat, all that jazz AND my ECU unlocked with the holy grail K03 map...

*head scratching*
My gues would be Tip £50-70 in used condition, which manifold? Oem Exhaust mani with no cracks again £50 maybe abit more, inlet mani without injectors and seats £30-50. Down pipe and decat used £70-80 for the pair. And the ecu is worth the map price you paid and £100-150 maybe. And what condition is the turbo?

My gues would be Tip £50-70 in used condition, which manifold? Oem Exhaust mani with no cracks again £50 maybe abit more, inlet mani without injectors and seats £30-50. Down pipe and decat used £70-80 for the pair. And the ecu is worth the map price you paid and £100-150 maybe. And what condition is the turbo?

have to agree here, at the end of the day it's just a bunch of parts, not really much different than any other.. Ecu/map is specific to you and your engine etc etc..