Jardo's 'Journey to quattro' - My Story...

The beast was pretty lairy; the engine was strong as you like and pretty much everything was new.

When I sold it all it needed was a set of discs and a wheel bearing. Neither of which have been done...

I wish it would just die :(

As a bit of an update, the man boost mobile is booked in for a map update on Thursday.

I am bothering so that my car can be quicker than Frenchmans. (Well, it already is. But I would like it to be a lot quicker)

It will be nice to see what TIV can do to a 1.8t first hand, have you driven a TIV K03s yet?

Have i missed something?

You have I'm afraid mate, on the clio vs a3 quattro thread, basically jardo just saying how Clios are so much better than A3's, and the rest of the world suggesting he just feck off and buy one :laugh:

I am bothering so that my car can be quicker than Frenchmans. (Well, it already is. But I would like it to be a lot quicker)

It will be nice to see what TIV can do to a 1.8t first hand, have you driven a TIV K03s yet?

You should really do it for your own personal gains mate, not for hollow victories over people that don't care ;)

I've not driven a TIV mapped ko3s car yet no.

Pierre is a fag. :p

Of cause I am doing it for me, it might keep me interested and stop me selling up to buy a Clio again.

Don't mean to sound thick but what is Tiv mapping?

Only to comeback in another A3, or S3 if you saw sense :undwech:

Never going to happen diesel boy.

-

A quote from Niki -

Its my new mappng methods for ME7 1.8T and MED9 2.0TFSI the results are amazing and allowing me to unlock the ecu more than ever before. I dont want to go into too much detail, but basically its a method I have been working on for 18months now which allows me to gain full control of the timing and boost and tune like a stand alone ecu with out over active PID or torque invertention. It removes lots of the stupid Bosch routines which hinder tuning for power. I am the only tuner offering this combination of tuning for 1.8T. TFSi and Focus 225 ST.. I wont be long until it gets copied like my linear throttle ideas...lol

Allows me to gain full control of the timing and boost and tune like a stand alone ecu without over active ecu PID or torque invertention trying to reduce torque. It removes lots of the stupid Bosch routines which hinder tuning for power. Some cars stage2 1.8T ko4 have been seeing around 30bhp30lbft gains, TFSI back to back can see 15-20lbft across the mid range with TiV, some see no gains but much better and smooth torque deilivery, light load driving more refined. I have been using methods like this in my custom maps for a few years now and its only this year I have added them all together and put them in to all my maps.

Me thinks a trip to r-tech might be on the cards for me in 2013 :)

Never going to happen diesel boy.

-

A quote from Niki -

Coming back in an S3? Or coming back at all?

Also is that tiv thing something niki has invented or is it different software being used to create maps allowing more options to be unlocked than previously?

Coming back in an S3? Or coming back at all?

Also is that tiv thing something niki has invented or is it different software being used to create maps allowing more options to be unlocked than previously?

Something Niki has invented, it is a commonly used method of mapping a stand alone ECU which has been adapted to work on ME7+.

Jesus , I spend a few days with the family and in the garage... Look what happens.!
i did see that A3 on eBay and thought it looks familiar ,
regarding clios... 172 and 182 cups I had mates with both a few years back. My S3 was in stage 1 trim then and I could pull away. Just I had to brake earlier for roundabouts

Something Niki has invented, it is a commonly used method of mapping a stand alone ECU which has been adapted to work on ME7+.

You're getting a bit confused there chap. The tiv mapping and RAW mapping are two totally different things.

Tiv is simply removing the Ecus torque intervention of rapidly decreasing ignition advance to hold back the torque delivery, only spotted when using very high sample rates on logging equipment.

The raw mapping is totally changing the whole structure of me7.5 and how it works, and removing much of its systems and processes and running it more like a standalone with very fixed values and requests.

The raw mapping is not available to the public currently. The torque intervention stuff is now in all rtech and b5 maps, and I believe can also be added as a patch to other files too

You're getting a bit confused there chap. The tiv mapping and RAW mapping are two totally different things.

Tiv is simply removing the Ecus torque intervention of rapidly decreasing ignition advance to hold back the torque delivery, only spotted when using very high sample rates on logging equipment.

The raw mapping is totally changing the whole structure of me7.5 and how it works, and removing much of its systems and processes and running it more like a standalone with very fixed values and requests.

The raw mapping is not available to the public currently. The torque intervention stuff is now in all rtech and b5 maps, and I believe can also be added as a patch to other files too

Jardo WRONG!?!!......NEVER!! :ohmy:

Removing torque intervention is most definitely not a method of mappng a standalone ecu, as they don't have such silly things in the first place. They are more simple in that respect.

All he means by the standalone comment, is that if he asks for 20 degrees advance, he gets 20 degrees, not 20-20-10-20-20-10-20-20-10 as is the case with torque intervention active.

Removing torque intervention is most definitely not a method of mappng a standalone ecu, as they don't have such silly things in the first place. They are more simple in that respect.

All he means by the standalone comment, is that if he asks for 20 degrees advance, he gets 20 degrees, not 20-20-10-20-20-10-20-20-10 as is the case with torque intervention active.

Well lets see how I get on tomorrow :) Wahooo.

Correct

ME7 is a torque based ecu - clever maths engine inside with its "model" of the engine.... and so many intervening "other" maps which get in the way. We first saw this on hollies TT, niki saw it when demonstrating the emulator... and subsequently with high speed logging saw it occuring, and found the little critter maps which got in the way. Respect for that.. I had found a lot of them but not all of them slowly but surely.. Nefmoto forum being quite handy to pick up little gems and try them out.. (so much faster to do this with an emulator tho)

ARMD is the torque monitoring (intervention) function which is discussed at length on nef, and often gets a lively debate running, lol..

Stand alones are'nt and dont have the intervention crap to have to undo....... they do what they're told directly. Badgerwagen is on standalone. :)

Reactions: beachbuggy
... it might keep me interested and stop me selling up to buy a Clio again.

Don't do it!

I sold my Mk4 Anni to buy my last 03-plate 172 and although the engines are strong (if well maintained!) the rate at which the small, peripheral things go wrong or fail is astonishing...

Well, it sounds like after months of talking and bold statements from the special one, this car has actually been on a dyno at long ****** last!

I'll let him post the results when he gets home, if he dares :laugh:

Reactions: StaceyS3 and Rainbird
From your statement their nick im guessing its done badly compared to what jardo thought it would lol.

Maybe its not so much of a '
Certified S3 Slayer'
:icon_thumright:

I need to get down to R-tech and get on the rollers, start of march maybe..

Everyone will think it did poorly but it'll probably end up at a stupidly high figure for a stage 1.

Everyone will think it did poorly but it'll probably end up at a stupidly high figure for a stage 1.

I was thinking this as well.

Failing that, maybe Niki's dyno couldn't handle it and they ended up using the epic G/S reading anyway..

Reactions: Pabl0
img0187y.png

Related to anything?

Saw it this morning, its really quiet for having a milltek!

Indeed it is Smurfman.

Car should be very quiet with the non res miltek, until it's at full chat where it'll sound nice, but still not that loud.

Boom.

537251_10151644438500130_1262551684_n.jpg

I guess my airflow logging was pretty ****** accurate then...:)