Jamex lowering springs for 1.8T Sport....

JayB5UK

Reaction score
Hello, anyone here have experiences good or bad from Jamex lowering springs on their A4?

Have seen a set cheap.

Is it right standard Sport set-up is 20mm lower than standard? Also anyone know who's springs they are.

I figure that they must be pretty tired now after 112k but I don't want to maker the car too hard as I may be going up to 17 or 18 inch wheels and I dont want my teeth falling out over every bump! Also the car has probably sagged to more than 20mm lower so fitting -40mm (over standard, -20mm over Sport) probably isn't going to go that low?

Aswell as the ride I have speed bumps up my road and a dip into the car park at work to worry about.

On most of the websites i have checked the springs have been removed from sale, which isnt a good sign.

http://www.racepartsmanchester.co.uk/jamexss.html

The springs should be ok though mate, obviously takes a while to bed them in. If you are worried about car parks dont do it.....Any multi story i go into, my car scrapes. It's on 19's on 35 pro tyres dropped about 60mm and most of the centre section rubs. Even on my old 1.8 with 30mm front/40mm rear scraped some car parks with 19's on....

You will keep most of the comfort with springs too, its mainly the tyre profile you need to worry about mate.

hope this is of some use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm running these on my 1.9TDi with 18" rims and haven't got any rubbing at all.

The ride has suffered slightly but I think its worth it for the looks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm running these on my 1.9TDi with 18" rims and haven't got any rubbing at all.

The ride has suffered slightly but I think its worth it for the looks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a pic of the side view so I can study teh ride height?