1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jacking Points!

AS3TOM Mar 7, 2009

1. AS3TOM

AS3TOM Member

Hiya guys, just wondering if one of you knowledgable lot can help me out here.
    I need to take the wheels of but i'm scratching my head a bit as to where the best place to jack the car up is on each corner?:search:

Dont want to risk causing any damage, so if ya can shed some light on this for me, cheers! :beerchug:

2. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

I never use the std jacking points, for the front I jack where the rear inner bolt is that holds the front lower arm. The rear I think I use where the trailing arm fixed to the chassis I`d have to look to be sure Its a automatic thing.

3. swatchuk

swatchuk Member

The standard jack goes on a lip under the car at either end. Or if your using a troley jack any solid part of the chasis is good

4. HTC

HTC Active Member

When using the standard jack, place a piece of rag between the jack and sill. It's easy to damage the underseal.

5. AS3TOM

AS3TOM Member

Thanks guys, i wont be using the standard jack that comes with the car, i'm going to be using a trolley jack!

6. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

yup and dont use the chassis as the long square columns just collapse:ohmy:

7. Raggy A4

Raggy A4 Vorsprung Durch Tecnik

And just incace it all goes tits up, place the space saver under the car......just incase lol