I've lost me point!

cosmicblue

Reaction score
Responding to the call to give my 8p a wash this afternoon I came across as persistent black mark in between the 2 and the 0 of the rear model designation badge....the mark was the sticky pad that had once held the chrome decimal point on.

I wondering now about removing all of the badge as the back of the car attracts do much dirt they a just a pain to clean.

I have a notion that dental floss is the damage free way of getting the badges off?

I just levered the corner of mine up with a credit card and pulled them off... they do leave some sticky stuff behind which can be got off quite easily, followed by a quick 3 stage meguirs cleanup....

Did the same on mine, removed them by lifting the corner with a ccard. If you get them warm enough (I did mine in mid summer and parked it in direct sunlight) then the sticky stuff semeed to come off very easily.

You can normally warm badges gently with a hairdryer to loosen the adhesive. You look a bit mad though!

You can normally help remove badges by gently warming with a hairdryer. This loosens the adhesive.

You can normally help remove badges by.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NO, stop it. There's an echo in here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

But are they easy to put back on again ?

I'm thinking of de badging my 3.2, but am concerned about selling it with no badges on ?

[ QUOTE ]
Responding to the call to give my 8p a wash this afternoon I came across as persistent black mark in between the 2 and the 0 of the rear model designation badge....the mark was the sticky pad that had once held the chrome decimal point on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry cosmicblue, if I hadn't have initiated the "wash your 8P" rallying cry you'd have never had this problem!

Cleaned mine on Xmas Day though - see the Merry Christmas thread for the results.