1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've lost me point!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by cosmicblue, Dec 24, 2005.

1. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

Responding to the call to give my 8p a wash this afternoon I came across as persistent black mark in between the 2 and the 0 of the rear model designation badge....the mark was the sticky pad that had once held the chrome decimal point on.

I wondering now about removing all of the badge as the back of the car attracts do much dirt they a just a pain to clean.

I have a notion that dental floss is the damage free way of getting the badges off?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

I just levered the corner of mine up with a credit card and pulled them off... they do leave some sticky stuff behind which can be got off quite easily, followed by a quick 3 stage meguirs cleanup....

4. bacardi

bacardi Active Member

Did the same on mine, removed them by lifting the corner with a ccard. If you get them warm enough (I did mine in mid summer and parked it in direct sunlight) then the sticky stuff semeed to come off very easily.

5. terryhurlock

terryhurlock New Member

You can normally warm badges gently with a hairdryer to loosen the adhesive. You look a bit mad though!

6. terryhurlock

terryhurlock New Member

You can normally help remove badges by gently warming with a hairdryer. This loosens the adhesive.

7. Cupramax

Cupramax Uber pimp meister

You can normally help remove badges by.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NO, stop it. There's an echo in here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

8. terryhurlock

terryhurlock New Member

Oops. Sorry

9. But are they easy to put back on again ?

I'm thinking of de badging my 3.2, but am concerned about selling it with no badges on ?

10. benw123

benw123 Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Responding to the call to give my 8p a wash this afternoon I came across as persistent black mark in between the 2 and the 0 of the rear model designation badge....the mark was the sticky pad that had once held the chrome decimal point on.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sorry cosmicblue, if I hadn't have initiated the "wash your 8P" rallying cry you'd have never had this problem!

Cleaned mine on Xmas Day though - see the Merry Christmas thread for the results.